Weekend on the Cheap for September 16th – 18th, 2016…
Due to time constraints, our blog posting has been very infrequent but we wanted to post this event and hope that you will share:
The Interactive Museum of Gaming and Puzzlery (IMOGAP) is hosting a 24-hour Raffle and Game-A-Thon this weekend from noon on Saturday until noon on Sunday. The museum in danger of losing their lease and this event will help to keep the doors open. All you need to do is sign up to be a participant and show up and play! An anonymous donor has provided the IMOGAP a generous incentive for gamers: each player will earn $10 an hour for the museum, so come on out and lend your support! Please check out their Facebook page or homepage for more information. With over 4500 games on hand, the museum is the largest publicly accessible collection of board games in the United States. Here’s a nice feature from KOIN channel 6 news.
Okay, in addition to the 24-hour Game-A-Thon, there are plenty of other things to keep you busy this weekend, including:
– Free: El Grito Fiestas Patrias at the Moda Center
– Free: Nature and Culture Festival at Blue Lake Park
– Free: SE Division Street Festival of Nations Celebration
– Free: Broadway Street Festival in Beaverton
– Free: Portland Polonia 23rd Annual Polish Festival
– Free: 10th annual Serbian Festival in Milwaukie
And more ideas!
– Oregonlive’s 5 things to do in Portland this weekend
– PDXPipeline Weekend Events and Giveaways
– Willamette Week’s Get Busy: The Best Things to Do This Week September 14th – 20th
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!