Finally had a chance to visit the Fred Meyer Red Tag Clearance store, located at 5033 SE 82nd Avenue, on the same side as the regular Fred Meyer store, but housed inside their old Home Improvement building. Most of the items are home furnishings, clothing and shoes.
Just about everything in the store is 50% off the last red tag clearance price. There are some incredible bargains to be had, and other items that don’t seem like such a great deal. On our visit on 03/14/09, here’s what we found:
– refurbished I-Pods
– ping pong table
– dining tables
– TV stands
– leather couches
– kids furniture
– throw pillows
– decorative knick-knacks
– bedding items: pillows, mattress pads, comforters, bedspreads, bed sheets, throw blankets, ‘bed in a bag’
– mattress pads starting at $15
– area rugs
– dish sets
– framed art
– men’s clothing, size Small-XXL; there are not pants, just shirts and tops
– women’s and junior’s clothing, size Small – XL (again no pants, just tops)
– children’s clothing from infant/toddlers to boys & girls size 8-18
There are no dressing rooms, and all sales are final–no returns or exchanges. Store hours are 10:00am – 7:00pm on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Closed Tuesday and Wednesdays. Contact them at (503) 772-8535.
Buyer Beware…I purchased some boxed furniture from this store and some of it was damaged after opening the boxes. Not only would they not allow me to exchange the damaged furniture, they were about the rudest people you can imagine. So beware that you may be buying damaged goods with no recourse.
I am so glad I found this information!! Can’t wait to go and check it out! Thanks for the great review.