Here is your preview guide to all great things free or low-cost happening in April 2009! Please check back at our main site portlandonthecheap.com as we will continue to add more content in the days and weeks to come.
First off, a big thanks to all of you who have discovered our little web site and have supported us by bookmarking us and sharing via your user submissions, message boards or letting your friends know about us. We humbly ask for your help in spreading the word even more: this month, we are giving away two pairs of tickets to the Portland Art Museum’s NW Film Center, with an expiration of January 2010. To enter:
1) Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘NW Film Center tickets';
2) cc or bcc another recipient(s) like a friend or family member;
3) include a short message along the lines of “Here’s a local website that you might find interesting.”
And that’s it! We’ll randomly draw from all entries on April 20th and will contact the winner via email. The winner will receive a total of (4) regular adult admission tickets to the NW Film Center (we’ll send it snail-mail). Thanks again for helping us to share the Portland savings!
We’ve recently added more updates to our content, including PF Chang’s happy hour menu, CouponTom.com to our Shopping Coupons, Dania Furniture to our Shopping Outlets, the Portland Beavers season promotions and Hidden Portland’s small museums to our Activities & Attractions. If you have anything else to add, please submit!
Now, on to this month’s deals!
First off, our last 2 days of March brings us these deals: Last Monday History Pub lecture at McMenamins Kennedy School, PSU artist lecture, faculty percussion recital at Lewis & Clark College, the last season races at Portland Meadows, Habitat for Humanity LEED home tours and Restaurant.com 70% off savings for the $25 gift certificates (use code ‘SAVE’ at checkout and get them for just $3!).
And in April:
– Forest Grove First Wednesday
– Portland First Thursday
– Discounted preview performance of El Grito Del Bronx, 7:30pm @ Milagro Theater on Thursday, April 2nd
– Free 19th anniversary dinner from 7:00pm – 9:00pm at Santa Fe Taqueria on Thursday, April 2nd
– Children’s Museum first Friday free admission from 5:00pm – 8:00pm on Friday, April 3rd
– First Friday Central Eastside Art Walk with opening receptions at Artful Goods and at Nemo HQ, Friday April 3rd
– Woodburn Company Stores outlet mall celebrates their 10 year anniversary with sales, music and cake all weekend long April 3rd – 6th
– Ever After Resale – Name Brand Children’s Consignment Sale, 9:00am – 3:00pm on Saturday, April 4th. If you can wait it out until 1:00pm, many items will be discounted 30%. Tigard.
– First Sunday, April 5th is $2 admission to OMSI
– 15th Annual Spring Beer & Wine Fest, Oregon Convention Center, offers up free admission from 12:00pm – 2:00pm on Friday April 10th and Saturday April 11th
– Tuesday, April 14th is $2 Tuesdays at the Oregon Zoo
– Wednesday, April 15th is free ice cream cone giveaway at Maggie Moo’s at Washington Square
– The Portland Beavers baseball squad opens up their home 2009 season with weekend games and promotions April 17th-20th.
– Ben & Jerry’s annual free cone day happens on Tuesday, April 21st from 12:00pm – 8:00pm
– Looking for a job? On April 21st, from 10:00am – 4:00pm come to Career Connections, Urban League of Portland’s 17th Annual Job Fair, “Bridges to Sustainable Jobs at the World Trade Center downtown.
– Stop in for a free breakfast at Portland Habitat for Humanity’s ‘Hope Builder’ fund raiser breakfast, 7:30am @ the Convention Center on Wednesday, April 22nd
– We love our video arcade games! Be sure to check out Ground Kontrol’s Classic Arcade Free Play Party, 5pm – close on Wednesday, April 29th. $5 gets you in!
– Finally, the Portland Timbers and their Army begin their 2009 season home opener with a match against the Carolina Rail Hawks on Thursday, April 30th.
For more events and happenings, go to our main web site for our ‘Sweet Bargains of the Week’ or click on ‘Calendar’ for more!