Now updated on our main site at portlandonthecheap:
Wednesday, April 15th is Tax Day! To ease some of the burden of tax payments, a number of businesses have some great specials worth listing:
– Free Cinnabon Tax Day Bites from 5:00pm – 8:00pm (Lloyd Center, Washington Square & Clackamas Town Center)
– Free single scoop of ice cream at Maggie Moo’s Washington Square
– Wednesday, April 15th: $10.40 dinner specials at McCormick & Schmick’s as well as a “Tax Relief Dining Certificate” good for $10.40 off for your next visit
– Free taco at Taco Del Mar on Tax Day, with email coupon here
– More tax day deals at PF Chang’s and TGI Fridays
After you’ve had your fill of April 15th, leave some room for the following:
– Final days for the Hearing Voices: 2009 Storytelling Festival @ Washington County Libraries this Wednesday – Saturday. Click here for schedule
– Hop Czar Release party @ Bridgeport Brewpub 5:30pm – 8:00pm on Thursday, April 16th
– PDXV, Jazz Quintet of Portland, wishes to invite the public to a special event on Thursday, April 16th, 7:30pm at the Old Church. Donation admission.
– Portland Beavers opening night is this Friday, April 17th @ PGE Park with Comcast $1 Menu Fridays
– Pass It On kids’ consignment sale, Washington County Fair Complex this Friday, Saturday and Sunday
– Earth Day is Saturday, April 18th; volunteer with SOLV at any of these great projects
– The Ultimate Open House New Home Tour takes place this Saturday & Sunday (and on 4/25 & 4/26 if you happen to miss this weekend). Click here for a map
– The 2nd annual Willamette Week EatMobile (Food cart festival) is this Saturday from 5:30pm – 9:30pm. Sample dishes for the low price of just $5
– Healthy Kids Day, free admission and special kids’ activities to area YMCAs all day on Saturday, April 18th
– Portland’s Largest Garage sale @ the Expo Center this Saturday, April 18th. $3 admission from 8:00am – 11:00am, and then free from 11:00am – 4:00pm
– Connections 50+ Expo, Vancouver Hilton, 11:00am – 4:00pm on Sunday, April 19th
– Restaurant.com 70% off sale: use code ‘FEAST’ at checkout and pay just $3 for every $25 gift certificate, now until Monday, April 20th. We’ve taken advantage of these gift certificates recently to eat out at Kenny & Zuke’s, Mazatlan Mexican Restaurant and Rama Thai —
choose from about 100 restaurants in the Portland area.
Finally, win 4 general admission tickets for the NW Film Center with our own POTC giveaway. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and cc or bcc another recipient with a short message to ask them to take a peek at our web site–help us spread the word. Thanks! Winner will be announced on Tuesday, April 21st.