- Every Monday, in addition to our cheapo highlights, we’ll be linking an article that we think is worthy of saving you some money. This week is “Fabulous Freebies 2009” from Kiplinger.com, listing 20 great things or services for nada dinero.
– We’ve randomly drawn one name out of the hat for our NW Film Center ticket giveaway. Congratulations to Valerie M, you will receive two tickets for the NW Film Center. Thanks to all who entered and thanks for bookmarking our web site and letting your friends know about us (hint hint!).
– Facebook users: get a free burger from TGIF! Just become a fan of Woody, and then enter your email address in the ‘Register’ tab. How can you get a free burger? Woody explains: “Thanks for supporting my burger bet with T.G.I. Friday’sÂ® Restaurants. If I get 500,000 fans on Facebook by September 30th 2009, we can all enjoy a free Jack Daniel’sÂ® Burger from the good people at T.G.I. Friday’s.” Remember, he needs to hit 500,000 fans by the end of the month so sign up and help us all out!
Cheapo Highlights for this week:
– Monday, September 7th: Last day for the Art in the Pearl, 10:00am – 5:00pm, for art, music, food and more.
– Tuesday, September 8th: It’s the second Tuesday of the month, which means admission to our wonderful Oregon Zoo is only two bucks! $2 admission all day, and if you ride the MAX to the zoo, get an additional $1.50 off.
– Wednesday, September 9th: Be one of the first to see the new movie “Whiteout,” in an advanced screening playing at 7:00pm. Go to GOFOBO and enter RSVP code ‘MERCYHK8′ to get your free pass. Theater is overbooked to ensure a full house, so your ticket does not guarantee admission (in other words, get there early).
– Thursday, September 10th: participate in a Free Introductory Yoga Class, 5:30pm – 7:00pm at the Julie Lawrence Yoga Center, located across the street from the downtown library.