First week of October highlights:
Monday, October 5th:
– It’s opening day at Portland Meadows with live racing beginning at 12:45pm. Go between 12:00pm – 4:30pm and get a free sandwich ‘The Diplomat.’
– OMSI Science Pub, 7:00pm at McMenamins Bagdad Theater. $2.00 suggested cover charge. Tonight’s topic is “The Changing Face of Animation.”
– Today’s the last day to take the Starbucks VIA™ Taste Challenge. Taste Challenge participants will receive a coupon for a complimentary Tall brewed coffee on their next visit as well as an offer for $1 off a Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew purchase.
Tuesday, October 6th:
– Downtown Hillsboro holds their First Tuesday event with artist receptions and a live soundtrack concert to the 1922 silent vampire film, Nosferatu at the Walters Cultural Arts Center.
Wednesday, October 7th:
– $2.00 admission for all at the World Forestry Center Discovery Museum as part of ‘Wondrous Wednesdays.’ 10:00am – 5:00pm.
Thursday, October 8th:
– It’s Oregon Day of Culture, with numerous events throughout the day including free admission to the Chinese Classical Garden, free admission to the Oregon History Museum, Oregon Ballet Theater open house, a free performance by the Third Angle string quartet and much more.
– The Free Night of Theater promotion ‘sold out’ its initial run of free tickets last week; today is the release of more tickets for more shows, so take a look and see some free performances.
Freebie: Bear Naked granola sample, now until 12/31/09 or until supplies run out. Samples contain approximately one serving size. Limited quantities available. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. Click here to take advantage of this offer.
October is Pie month, which means you can get any whole pie to-go (over 30 to choose from!) at Marie Callender’s for $6.99 plus tin or go to an area Shari’s Restaurant and get any classic pie for $7.99 plus tin.