Article of the Week: From the October 8th Oregonian, “Losing job was sweet to lifelong learner,” showcases a new learning company here in the Portland area, Mindglo. Offering classes in cooking, business/finance, health/wellness, art, personal growth and more, this is a great alternative for community education.
Monday, October 12th:
– Free! Complimentary 12-ounce mochas or hot chocolate at area Moonstruck Chocolate Cafe locations. See web site for locations and hours.
Tuesday, October 13th:
– Second Tuesdays of the month at the Oregon Zoo means that gate admission is only $2 per person. This is a great time to catch the new exhibit “Predators of the Serengeti,” plus ride the MAX to the zoo and get an additional $1.50 off!
– OMSI Teacher Open House: hopefully you checked our calendar tab and signed up for OMSI’s educator open house, which offers free admission and activities for teachers from 3:00pm – 8:00pm. If you haven’t registered, give them a call to see if you can still sign up. Valid teachers’ ID will be required at the door.
Wednesday, October 14th:
– Powell’s book readings: two great authors and books to choose from. Sarah Vowell will be at the Cedar Crossing location at 7:00pm for “The Wordy Shipmates,” and Michael Chabon will be at the downtown location at 7:30pm for “Manhood for Amateurs.” Click here for the Oregonian’s review of Chabon’s book.
Thursday, October 15th:
– McMenamin’s Kennedy School 12th anniversary Back to School celebration with live music, food specials and kid’s fun. Music begins at 5:00pm.
– USS Blueback 50th Anniversary with free submarine tours available from 9:30am – 5:00pm. There will also be a special celebration in the OMSI lobby at 2:00 p.m.
– Today is the final day of new ticket releases for the Free Night of Theater promotion. If Death of a Salesman comes back up, we highly recommend it!
Save 80% off on every $25 Gift Certificate order at Restaurant.com. Use promo code FOUR and pay just $2 through Monday, October 12th: