Halloween is on a Saturday and clocks go back one hour early Sunday morning—all that means is more time to stay out late and play a little more this weekend. Aroundthesunblog has your freebie picks and here are some others to keep in mind:
– Friday, October 30th: get a free bagel at Noah’s from open until 11:00am with this coupon, no purchase necessary; feast your brains out with a book reading and signing at Powell’s Cedar Hills Crossing at 7:00pm for “Zombies: A Record of the Year of Infection;” and attend the world premiere of “Burnside: Menace to Society,” a walking tour by the Bohemian Story Telling Tours, FREE, at 4:30pm (normally $15!).
– Saturday, October 31st: Multicultural Healthy Kids, Healthy Homes Fair 11:00am – 3:00pm for free workshops, lunches and beverages; see the musical production ‘Company’ for just $10.31 for the 8:00pm performance. Just show up in costume at the box office to get the deal.
– Sunday, November 1st: See OMSI’s new exhibit ‘Scream’ for just $2 admission for all during this First Sunday; catch a free preview of Portland Opera’s ‘Orphée’ at 2:00pm at the Multnomah County Library Central branch.
– Willamette Week’s new Cheap Skate Deal box features $20 tickets to Ragtime, a sake party, a free music showcase and more.
– Restaurant.com’s new promotion: take 80% off their $25 gift certificate orders and pay just $2. Use code ‘TREATS’ at checkout, now until Saturday, October 31st.
– Catch a sneak preview of the new movie “The Box’ on Thursday, November 5th with these free passes from GoFoBo.com. Use RSVP code ‘WWEEKNFV6.’ Tickets are available while supplies last; seating is on a first-come, first served basis. Theater is overbooked to ensure a full house, so tickets do not guarantee admission.
– Qdoba Oregon locations have a Halloween promotion for ya’….
On Halloween evening we’ll flip a coin at the register, if it’s HEADS, WE PAY; if it’s TAILS, YOU PAY.
Come to any of our Qdoba Oregon locations (EXCEPT CORVALLIS…sorry)on October 31 from 4pm – 8pm for your chance to be treated to a meal. After you order, the game of chance begins. We’ll flip a coin at the register,… if coin lands on heads, we’ll buy your meal; if coin lands on tails, you pay as normal. Good Luck
• One Day Only: October 31, 2009
• Valid from 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
• All Qdoba Oregon Locations – EXCEPT CORVALLIS
• Coin will be Flipped After your Complete Order but Prior to the Transaction.
• Limit One Coin Toss per Order.
• Limit a Total of One Toss on October 31, 2009
• Max Cash Value: $12.00
• If the order exceeds $12.00, customer pays the difference.
Spotlight: Halloween Weekend Happenings
So much to do this weekend! Haunted houses, costume parties, dances, haunted gatherings and more. Here’s your quick reference guide we have gleaned from the internet:
– McMenamins Halloween celebrations Friday and Saturday evening at a number of their outposts
– “Ghouls Out Forever” music, dance and party guide from Willamette Week
– The Portland Mercury gives their Halloween Roundup with these picks for the weekend
– The Pearl District has a few family-friendly and adult-only events listed
– And our favorite resource comes from PDXPipeline, which lists parties, events, contests and more throughout the weekend.
That’s all for this week! Have a safe and fun Halloween and thanks for reading.