Article of the Week:
“Dirty Secrets of Black Friday ‘Doorbusters’.” Just in time for the bargains after Thanksgiving, this article reveals what many early-bird shoppers already know—those killer deals are hard to come by.
Monday, November 23rd:
– Powell’s Books on Hawthorne book reading, 7:30pm: “Ben Thompson’s Badass: A Relentless Onslaught of the Toughest Warlords, Vikings, Samurai, Pirates, Gunfighters, and Military Commanders to Ever Live (Harper) presents a collection of the most awesome historical figures to ever run screaming into battle.” Wow, sounds cool, nuf’ said! Free.
Tuesday, November 24th:
– Another great book reading, this one at Powell’s City of Books on Burnside, 7:30pm. This one features Cindy Anderson, the author of the super-saving “Portland Happy Hour Guidebook,” as she presents her new book “Oregon Wine Country Guidebook.” Free.
Wednesday, November 25th:
– We recommend this every month just because we love it so! It’s Ground Kontrol’s Free Play Party, 5:00pm until late late late. Pay a $5 cover and get all you-can-play pinball and video arcade games with DJs starting up the music at 9:00pm.
Thursday, November 26th:
– Grab that copy of the Oregonian for all the Black Friday ads and get ready for the early early morning Friday rush!
– For a list of Thanksgiving events, including free dinners, community celebrations and activities, please click on this link from Oregonlive.com.
– The OSU Food Innovation Center has a new taste test that they are recruiting for:
The Sensory and Consumer Group at the Oregon State University Food Innovation Center is looking for participants for a taste test to take place on Wednesday, December 2nd. The taste test is about 30 minutes and the compensation is $25. Test times run from 9:30am to 1pm. If you are interested, please click on this link to submit a questionnaire. If you are selected to participate, we will contact you via email by Wednesday, November 25th, and then give you a confirmation email the day before the test.
For those who are new to the email list, please note that we cannot contact everyone who sent in a questionnaire. You will not hear back from us for each test as each consumer will not be selected every time. We only contact those who were selected to participate and will be sending out those confirmation emails by November 25th.
Photo ID will be required to participate in this test.
Consumers will be contacted ONLY if they are selected to participate.
– Finally, our winner for two NW Film Center tickets contest is Melisa F. Thank you to all who entered, and thanks for visiting our web site and for your support!