Article of the Week:
“Saving Is Something You Should Do Every Day.” Offers some tips to help you boost your personal savings rate.
Monday, December 7th:
– Enjoy big screen sports starting at 4:30pm at McMenamins Mission Theater to see how the new Oden-less Blazers compete against the New York Knicks. Then, walk down to the Pearl Blitz Bar, On Deck Sports, Candy or the Agency for Monday Night Football to watch the Green Bay Packers take on the Baltimore Ravens.
Tuesday, December 8th:
– Oregon Zoo Second Tuesday. $2 admission for all; ride the MAX and save an additional $1.50. We called the Zoo and confirmed the following: $2 Tuesday is ALSO valid for the Zoo Lights from 5:00pm – 8:00pm! Get in the festive holiday spirit with performances by Corbett Grade School or pay a little more to ride the train.
– “To Hellholes and Back: Bribes, Lies, and the Art of Extreme Tourism.” Book reading by Chuck Thompson at Powell’s City of Books on Burnside, 7:30pm.
– Holiday Artisan Market, 11:30am â€“ 6:30pm at Pioneer Square from December 8th – 11th.
Wednesday, December 9th:
– Free clinic, Introduction to Cross Country Skiing, 7:00pm at the REI store in the Pearl. No registration required.
– First night of the Christmas Ships Parade, now in its 55th year. View the ships along the Columbia River by Jantzen Beach or along the Willamette River from RiverPlace to Milwaukie. See web site for viewing locations. The ships run December 9th – 20th.
Thursday, December 10th:
– World Forestry Center Museum by Moonlight, 6:00pm – 9:30pm. Admission is $8, adults 21 and over only. Sample beer, wine and food and explore their current exhibit “Coffee: The World in Your Cup.”