Weekend on the Cheap:
– Portland City Art Big 100 Art Show, Friday from 6:00pm – 11:00pm. 100 artists and their works for just $30 each. Downtown Portland at the Olympic Mills Commerce Center Gallery.
– Peet’s Coffee and Tea Holiday Open House, Saturday from 11:00am – 1:00pm at Portland area stores. Free coffee tastings, product demos, samples and 20% off all gifts.
– Tuba Christmas Concert, Saturday from 1:30pm â€“ 3:00pm at Pioneer Courthouse Square. Sing along to 200 tubas playing the music of the holidays, free.
– Release party for the new book “Mud, Sweat and Gears,” 6:00pm Saturday at River City Bicycles. Free beer, refreshments, giveaways and of course meet the author, Joe Kurmaskie.
– Crafty Wonderland Super Colossal Holiday Sale, Sunday from 11:00am – 7:00pm at the Oregon Convention Center. Free admission, over 200 vendors selling handcrafted items and gifts.
– The Portland Christmas Ships continue their holiday fleet display this weekend, view the ships along the Willamette or the Columbia.
– The Portland Mercury wraps up its online charity auction this Friday at 5:00pm, so get your bids in for some really great items and packages. All proceeds benefit Outside In, click here for all the goods!
– Willamette Week’s new Cheap Skate Deal Box includes the Kitchen Kaboodle raffle, free cocktails at Office PDX, discounted Bishops Barbershop gift certificates and more.
– Restaurant.com has once again discounted its gift certificates, this time at 80% off. Get a $25 gift certificate that normally sells for $10 and pay just $2. Be sure to enter code “SHARE” for the savings. Offer ends on Monday, December 14th.
– The OSU Food Innovation Center is recruiting participants for another upcoming taste test opportunity for December 22 and December 23:
The Sensory and Consumer Group at the Oregon State University Food Innovation Center is looking for participants between the ages of 25-55 yrs. for two taste tests to take place on Tuesday, December 22nd and Wednesday, December 23rd. The taste test will be about 30 minutes and the compensation is $25. Test times run from 11am to 4:30pm. If you are interested, please click on this link to submit a questionnaire. If you are selected to participate, we will contact you via email by Wednesday, December 16th, and then give you a confirmation email the day before the test. We only contact those who were selected to participate and will be sending out those confirmation emails by December 16th.
Photo ID WITH PROOF OF AGE will be required to participate in this test.
– For even more free weekend events, please visit Aroundthesunblog!
Spotlight: Holiday Happenings
We’re in the heart of the holiday season, and for the next three weeks there will be plenty to keep you and your family entertained. Here’s what we have gleaned from the Net:’
– KINK 101.9FM Holiday Events Guide
– Portland Tribune / Pamplin Media Group online Holiday Events Guide for Beaverton, Lake Oswego, Portland, Sherwood, Tigard, Tualatin and West Linn.
– PDX Pipeline blog of December events, including Santacon, free movies and New Year’s parties.
– Oregonian Holiday Events Guide; search the site for even more, kinda clunky but try here first.
– Travel Portland Events Guide calendar including lights, shopping, bazaars, concerts, active pursuits and more.
Pingback: Wilson Writes » Blog Archive » More Christmas Deals