Article of the Week:
“10 Ways to Save Money in 2010,” provided by SmartMoney.com. Quick read for those of us who have a New Year’s resolution to save money.
Monday, January 4th:
– Health Week at Pioneer Courthouse Square, starting Monday the 4th – Monday the 11th. From 10:00am – 3:00pm each day a different organization will be on hand with informational resources on healthy living. Organizations include the American Cancer Society, American Red Cross, The American Heart Association and more.
Tuesday, January 5th:
– Learn to Curl Open House, 7:00pm at Lloyd Center Ice Arena. Brought to you by the Evergreen Curling Club. Cost is $10 for adults, $5 for under 18, and $20 for the family. Limited to 40 participants. Find out about this Winter Olympic sport and then try it out.
– The Career Circle, presented by Umpqua Bank. 6:30pm – 8:00pm at the Pearl District Umpqua Bank located at 1139 NW Lovejoy, free. See web site for full description.
– “Eat Your Way To Happiness,” book reading at Powell’s Cedar Hills Crossing, 7:00pm, free.
Wednesday, January 6th:
– Wonderous Wednesday at the World Forestry Center Discovery Museum. Admission is just $2.00 per person on the first Wednesday each month (please note that there is also a $2 parking fee).
– Community Cinema Program featuring the film “Young @ Heart,” free screening at 7:00pm at the Turnbull Center in Old Town.