Article of the Week:
“Cut Your Energy Bills,” from Consumer Reports. Offers four strategies to save you up to $1500.
Monday, January 11th:
– Last day for free admission to the Lan Su Chinese Gardens in celebration of their 10th anniversary.
Tuesday, January 12th:
– Oregon Zoo $2 Tuesday: admission is just $2 for all (and save $1.50 off each admission if you show your MAX ticket!)
Wednesday, January 13th:
– Brown Bag lecture series “Living Longer, Living Better” at Tuality Health Education Center in Hillsboro, 11:30am -1:00pm, free.
Thursday, January 14th:
– “Green Night Out – Music for Conservation” event to benefit Project Wilderness. 7:00pm at the Agency Ultra Sports Lounge in downtown Portland. $5 suggestion donation.
– Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration at TaborSpace Community Coffee House in SE Portland. “Youth from the Portland area are given a voice through photography in a project known as PhotoVoice. Teens will present photos that depict the messages of MLK, Jr. and how they relate to their own communities.” 6:00pm, free.
– The OSU Food Innovation Center is currently recruiting participants for another taste test:
The Sensory and Consumer Group at the Oregon State University Food Innovation Center is looking for participants for a winter vegetables taste test to take place on Thursday Jan. 21st, Friday Jan. 22nd, Monday Jan. 25th, and Tuesday Jan. 26th. The taste test is about 45 minutes and the compensation is $35. Test times run from 10:00am to 4:30pm. If you are interested, please click on this link to submit a questionnaire. If you are selected to participate, we will contact you via email by Jan. 14th where you must confirm your intent to participate. We only contact those who were selected to participate and will be sending out those confirmation emails by Jan. 14th.
– Our section on Birthday Perks has been updated with new restaurants and offers. We’ll be trying to update our original content in the upcoming weeks, so please check back and thanks for visiting our web site!