Article of the Week:
“Free stuff: Get it, give it, swap it.” From MSN Money. If you think FreeCycle is the only web site to get free stuff, think again and read on.
Monday, January 25th:
– *Just added: free Oreo Cookies offer, you must connect via Facebook. Begins at 12:00pm Pacific time and ends when supplies run out (they’re giving out 150,000 packages) or at 8:59pm PST, which ever comes first.
– History Pub Monday at McMennamins Kennedy School presents: “Easy Company Soldier: Don Malarkey’s Account of the Band of Brothers and WWII.” 7:00pm, free for all ages (canned food donation is encouraged).
Tuesday, January 26th:
– VOTE. Ballots due at 8:00pm. Whether you support or oppose Measures 66 and/or 67, exercise your right and be counted! Here is a list of drop-off locations in Multnomah County, Washington County and Clackamas County.
– OMSI Science Pub at McMennamins Mission Theater. Starts at 7:00pm, $2 suggested cover charge. Science Pub is open to ages 21+, or minor with adult. Tonight’s topic: “Hot Rocks: Oregon’s Volcanic Past…and Future!”
Wednesday, January 27th:
– WorkSource Oregon will present a free employment workshop on Wednesday and Thursday at the Cornelius Public Library. The Wednesday session is in English. Begins at 5:30pm.
– Ground Kontrol’s monthly Free Play Party beginning at 6:00PM. $5 cover gets you free video arcade and pinball games all night, plus DJs starting at 9pm. 21 and over.
Thursday, January 28th:
– WorkSource Oregon will present a free employment workshop on Wednesday and Thursday at the Cornelius Public Library. The Thursday session is in Spanish. Begins at 5:30pm.
– Last Thursday on Alberta Street. In addition to the regular happenings along Alberta, Oregon First will host a benefit for the Oregon Humane Society featuring paintings by artist Ron Kiino from 5:30 – 10:00pm at 5136 NE Garfield Avenue.