Article of the Week:
“Go vegetarian to save money.” Personally, we love our burgers and BBQ ribs too much to give up meat entirely, but this article sure does give us pause to consider having a couple meat-free days during the week! Not only is it easier on the wallet, but over the long term the positive health benefits are hard to deny.
Monday, February 1st:
– Music Millennium presents Community day with free refreshments, special one-day deals, live music and more. The 7:00pm Songwriters Circle features Lisa Mann, Steve Hefter and Jarad Miles.
– Free Denny’s burger and fries for the first 500,000 people who sign up for the new Dennyâ€™s Rewards program online here. The free burger and fries will be available for redemption March 1st through March 7th, 2010. Sign up now until February 14th, or until 500,000 have signed up. And you don’t need to be a Rewards program member to take advantage of a free Grand Slam breakfast next week on Tuesday, February 9th!
Tuesday, February 2nd:
– LOST final season premiere at 9:00pm, ABC. Get caught up with a replay of last season’s cliff hanger finale at 8:00pm. The Bagdad will show both on their big screen with doors opening at 7:30pm. Free, 21 and over only.
Wednesday, February 3rd:
– World Forestry Center’s Wondrous Wednesday offers $2.00 admission all day to the Discovery Museum. 10:00am – 5:00pm.
– Film Screening: “Papers” at Lewis and Clark College Templeton Campus Center, Council Chamber. 7:00pm, which will be followed by a panel discussion with film creators, participants, and other experts. Free.
Thursday, February 4th:
– Portland First Thursday monthly art gallery walk in downtown Portland, Old Town and the Pearl District. 5:00pm – 8:00pm, free.