No spotlight for this week, as we have been under the weather and slowly recuperating with lots of bed rest and liquids. Since we’ll be stuck at home, please take our place and venture off for these fine picks for the weekend:
– It’s the 10-year anniversary for New Seasons Markets and they are celebrating with raffles, giveaways, prizes, games, and much more. Stop by this weekend for live music, cake and ice cream and other samples, please see web site for details and locations.
– The 20th annual Cascade Festival of African Films has 7:30pm screenings of films this Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Free admission, please see web site for film descriptions.
– I Heart Art: Portland Meet n’ Greet, 6:30pm – 9:30pm on Friday at Pacific Northwest College of Art & Museum of Contemporary Craft in the Pearl. Free and open to the public. Description: “Etsy, PNCA, Museum of Contemporary Craft and the Portland Etsy Team welcome Portland’s vibrant community of makers, PNCA students, Portland craft guild members and the general public to connect during I Heart Art: Portland Meet ‘n’ Greet. The event is a great opportunity for Portland-based makers to network and learn more about this burgeoning partnership and future opportunities for professional development. Featuring light food and drink, music, button making, Gocco printing and more.”
– Lompoc Brewing’s Seafoodpalooza starts Friday with a $12 all-you-can eat shrimp boil with all the fixings from 6:00pm – 9:00pm, and then on Saturday it is the Clam Chowder Challenge from 12:00pm – 6:00pm; $10 gets you a tasting tray of all the samples.
– The Portland Spring Home and Garden Show concludes this weekend at the Portland Expo Center. Admission is $10 for adults and free for ages 12 and under.
– Free admission day at the Japanese Garden in Washington Park on Saturday, February 27th from 10:00am – 4:00pm. On display in the Pavilion will be the Garden’s Hina Matsuri (Doll Festival) collection and guides will also be on hand to provide additional information throughout the garden.
– The Portland Jazz Festival ends its run this weekend with a whole bunch of free music and performances around the area including the Portland Youth Jazz Orchestra, Pacific Crest Jazz Orchestra and a late-night Saturday Jam session. Please see web site for complete listings.
– For awesome deals on bicycles and related components, check out the Portland Bike Swap Meet this Sunday at Sandbox Studio Warehouse. Admission is just $5 10:00am – 11:00am, $2 from 11:00am – 2:00pm, and totally free from 2:00pm – 3:00pm.
– After scoring some deals at the swap meet, test your trivia knowledge at the Clash of the Trivia Titans annual Triviology tournament. Registration begins at 5:00pm and it will be $5 to enter, please see web site for the low down.
– For more totally free events to do this weekend, please go to Aroundthesunblog
Final weekend to save 80% off of Restaurant.com gift certificates. Use promo code ‘Savor’ at checkout and get $25 gift certificates for $2 through Sunday, February 28th.