Article of the Week:
“A Map to Grocery Store Savings,” provided by Investopedia. Offers an analysis of a grocery store’s layout and how you can target the most budget-friendly areas to save money.
Monday, March 8th:
– See the Oscar-winning “Hurt Locker” on the big screen at the Academy Theater; tonight is Monday Movie Madness where you can watch any two consecutive movies for $6 ($5 children and seniors).
Tuesday, March 9th:
– Oregon Zoo second Tuesday each month offers discount admission of only $2. Show your MAX ticket at the gate and save an additional $1.50!
– “Lola’s Lounge” classic concert movie screening at McMenamins Crystal Ballroom. We don’t know what the movie is, but the description of this new series sounds good enough to include it here: “From 5 p.m. to close, Tuesday through Saturday, Lolaâ€™s Room offers a different adventure every night in a lounge setting: bands, dance parties, comedians, and big-screen viewing of sports and movies.” Free, ages 21 and over.
Wednesday, March 10th:
– Free single serving entree of Honey Walnut Shrimp from Panda Express. No purchase necessary, while supplies last. You must print this coupon and present it for the entree.
– Portland Metro Dealers 52nd RV Show starts its run at the Portland Expo Center through the weekend. Admission is $9.00 for adults, $7.00 for ages 50 and over and children under 16 admitted free with adult. Click here to print a two-for-one coupon, or click here for a four-pack of tickets for $18 from KGW’s Half Price Deals.
– Neon Sign Bike Tour, meet at 6:30pm at Old Town Pizza. Free.
– “Historic Photos of Oregon” book presentation at Powell’s City of Books, 7:30pm. Free.