Article of the Week:
“Mark Your Calendars: What’s on Sale When.” From Consumer Reports, provides a nice month-by-month rundown of what to expect on sale. Good bets for this month include digital cameras and small consumer electronics.
Monday, March 22nd:
– Kids on Spring Break? Take a look at Portland Parks and Recreation Spring Break Fun, which offers plenty of cheap drop-in activities and some free ones too, see web site for details. Runs Monday – Friday.
– Book reading “The Story of Stuff,” which “tracks the life of the ‘stuff’ we use every day, from extraction through production, distribution, consumption, and disposal.” 7:30pm at Powell’s City of Books. Free.
Tuesday, March 23rd:
– Someday Incubator, 9:00pm – midnight at the Someday Lounge, free. 21 and over only, sign up for some stage time or just go to check out a variety of open-mic acts and performances. Repeats most Tuesdays.
– Ben and Jerry’s Free Cone Day! 12:00pm – 8:00pm, get one scoop for nada, zilch, zero, gratis!
– Diversity Employment Day Career Fair, 11:00am – 3:00pm at the Lloyd Center Doubletree Hotel. Free admission.
Wednesday, March 24th:
– Catch some tunes by Emily Herring at McMenamins White Eagle Saloon starting at 8:30pm. Free, 21 and over only.