Article of the Week:-
“Best Stuff Not to Buy in Bulk,” provided by Mainstreet.com. Helpful article about foods that should be purchased individually or in very small doses. Some of the items that made the ‘Do Not Buy’ list were surprising to us, so take a look and decide for yourself.
Monday, April 5th:
– OMSI Science Pub at McMenamins Bagdad Theater, 7:00pm. Tonight’s topic is “Seeing Time: Geologic Clues to Our Ancient Earth.” $2 suggested cover charge, ages 21 and over only, please.
Tuesday, April 6th:
– Hillsboro First Tuesday Art Walk and the 6th annual HYAC Youth Art Exhibition beginning with a 6:00pm reception,refreshments and house concert at the Glenn and Viola Walters Cultural Arts Center. Free.
– Paul Verhoeven reads from ‘Jesus of Nazareth‘ at Powell’s City of Books, 7:30pm. Free.
Wednesday, April 7th:
– World Forestry Center Wondrous Wednesday, admission is just $2 per person all day to the Discovery Museum.
– User submission: a free Spring Yard Party for knitters at Ecotrust downtown. There will be a panel discussion with a few local designers, a raffle, lots of yarn to touch, and the first 200 knitters through the door will get a coupon for 10% off their next yarn purchase. Event runs from 7:00pm – 9:00pm.
– Estate Planning class at Shute Park Aquatic & Recreation Center (SHARC) in Hillsboro. Speaker Richard B. Schneider, Attorney at Law, will have your questions answered. Make sure your estate goes to the people you love. 6:30pm – 8:00pm. Free, though pre-registration is requested.
Thursday, April 8th:-
– PCC Brown Bag and Lunch series, 12:00pm at Multnomah County’s Central Library. Today’s presentation is “Using Humor in the Workplace.” Free.
– Author David D. Levine visits Powell’s Technical Books at 7:00pm to share his experiences at the Mars Desert Research Station in Utah. Free.
– Opening day for the Portland Beavers baseball team at 7:00pm, PGE Park with magnet schedule giveaway for the first 2,000 fans. Next year the Beavers will likely play in Tucson, AZ, so go out and lend your support for this 2010 season!
Restaurant.com gift certificates, Dinner of the Month Club, and gift cards are now discounted 80%. Use promo code ‘CHOW’ at checkout. Ends Wednesday, April 6th.