Article of the Week:
â€œHow to eat well on a food stamp budget: $68.88â€ by Pervaiz Shallwan for the Associated Press.
Monday, April 19th:
– Choral Union and Jazz Ensemble concert at the University of Portland’s Buckley Center Auditorium. Free performance at 7:30pm, open to the public.
– The Salvation Army Thrift stores will be having a 50% off sale this evening from 5:00pm – 9:00pm. Everything is half off (except mattresses) during this once-a-month sale.
Tuesday, April 20th:
– “Zinesters Talking: Dino Night!” starting at 6:30pm at the Multnomah County Central Library, free.
– “Predicting Earthquakes and Volcanic Eruptions: What Can and Can’t Now Be Done,” free public lecture by Dr. Stephen Malone at OMSI’s OMNIMAX Dome Theater.
– Game 2 of the Portland Trail Blazers vs. Phoenix Suns first round series, catch it at 7:00pm on KGW free TV at home or at your favorite gathering spot!
Wednesday, April 21st:
– Grand opening festivities for the new 24 Hour Fitness Tanasbourne Super Sport club in Beaverton. The public is invited from 3:00pm – 8:00pm to try out free fitness classes, free fitness orientations, free Kid’s Club and there will be membership specials and prize giveaways.
– “Unfiltered” Indie Rock Showcase, free performance at 8:30pm at McMenamins White Eagle Saloon.
Thursday, April 22nd:
– Portland State University Earth Day Festival, 10:00am – 6:00pm in the PSU Park Blocks. The event will feature community non-profits, art and food vendors, demonstrations of sustainable technology and live entertainment.
Pingback: Salvation Army Thrift Stores Sale