Article of the Week:
“4 Things You Should and Shouldn’t Buy at Target” from CBS Moneywatch.com.
New web site spotlight:
PDX Portland Kids Calendar, just launched a little under a month ago! Kids activities can be sorted by neighborhood, types of activities and ongoing activities. Bookmark it and come back often for new updates or send events to the webmaster. Hooray for a Portland calendar just for kids and families!
New OSU Food Innovation Center Consumer Taste Test:
“The Sensory and Consumer Group at the Oregon State University Food Innovation Center is looking for participants for a taste test to take place on Wednesday, September 22nd and Thursday, September 23rd. The taste test will be about 30 minutes and the compensation is $25.
We will also be holding four additional optional focus groups. These focus groups will take 90 minutes and will pay an additional $75. Test times run from 9am to 5pm. If you are interested, please click on this link to submit a questionnaire.
If you are selected to participate, we will contact you via email by Wednesday, September 15th, where you must confirm your intent to participate. We will then send you another reminder email the day before the test. We only contact those who were selected to participate and will be sending out those confirmation emails by September 15th.
Week on the Cheap:
Monday, September 13th:
– OMSI Science Pub at McMenamins Bagdad Theater, 7:00pm, $3 suggested donation. Tonight’s topic is “Dangerous Liaisons: Sexual Selection and Sexual Conflict.”
Tuesday, September 14th:
– Pick up a large take and bake pepperoni pizza at Portland area Papa Murphy’s locations during their customer appreciation days and pay just $4.99 per pie! Offer valid Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
– Power Curve women’s self-defense class for women 14 ages and over. 6:00pm – 9:30pm at the Hillsboro Sheriff’s office, please see web site and call to register.
Wednesday, September 15th:
– It’s El Pollo Loco’s 30th Anniversary Celebration with daily specials all month long. Today’s deal is a free flame-grilled chicken or thigh with fresh salsa and tortillas, but you must print the coupon and present it to cashier!
Thursday, September 16th:
– 13th Annual Maximum Connections Job and Career Fair, 9:00am – 2:00pm at the World Forestry Center Miller Hall. Free.
– Celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month with the city of Beaverton’s “Year of the Bicentennial In the Americas” celebration, 6:00pm – 8:30pm at Beaverton City Park.