Article of the Week:
“Fabulous Freebies 2010” from Yahoo Finance.
Monday, September 20th:
– Block Party at 30th and NE Killingsworth with DOC, Fats, and Autentica all celebrating 5 years of Yakuza. Come for the free food, stay for the music and drinks, 6:00pm – 9:00pm.
Tuesday, September 21st:
– Oregon Encyclopedia History Night with the Dill Pickle Club’s “Know Your City: Examining Portland’s Forgotten History.” Free, 7:00pm at McMenamins Cornelius Pass Roadhouse.
Wednesday, September 22nd:
– Book reading and slide show of “Communion: A Culinary Journey Through Vietnam,” 7:00pm at Broadway Books. Vietnamese snacks in the store will be available for sampling.
Thursday, September 23rd:
– “Our Portland Story Volume 1″ Launch Party, open to the public from 6:30pm – 8:30pm with speakers and readings and DJ. Find it at Mississippi Studios.
– “Oregon Coast Trail: Journey Along the Edge of Infinity” presentation at the Hillsboro Main Library, 7:00pm. Oregon Coast Trail Association’s Director Al LePage, will share his experiences and pictures he took while hiking 400 miles from the Columbia River to the California border