Article of the Week:
“Secrets Starbucks Doesn’t Want You to Know,” by Michael Koretzky and provided by Money Talks News. Maximize your Starbucks visits with these great tips!
– Olive Garden’s $8.95 Never Ending Pasta Bowl ends this Friday, October 8th. Choose from 42 different combinations and add unlimited meatballs, Italian sausage or roasted chicken for an additional $2.95.
– Marie Callender’s Any-Whole-Pie-To-Go sale for just $6.99 plus tin deposit. Good all month long!
– Get a free appetizer at Henry’s Tavern in the Pearl by signing up for their email club. Once you sign up, you can print the free appetizer coupon (expires October 30th).
Monday, October 4th:
– Free program discussion “Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill and Implications for our Oceans…and our Future,” 7:00pm inside the auditorium at OMSI.
– Opening day at Portland Meadows, post time for the first race is at 12:40pm. Free parking and free admission; go Monday afternoon and pick up a free pass to see the 7:00pm screening of “Secretariat” at Bridgeport Village that evening.
Tuesday, October 5th:
– The First Tuesday Music series at Lake Oswego’s library features Celtic Harpist Justine Flynn. 7:00pm – 8:30pm, free.
– Hillsboro’s First Tuesday occurs downtown and at the Glen & Viola Walters Cultural Arts Center. The Center will host an opening reception for all artists at 6:00pm with refreshments and a house concert in the lobby.
– Evergreen Curling Club open house at 6:30pm and 7:40pm at Lloyd Center Ice Rink. Cost is $10 per person, $5 if under the age of 18, or $20 for a family.
Wednesday, October 6th:
– World Forestry Center Wondrous Wednesday, admission is only $2 to the Discovery Museum from 10:00am – 5:00pm. Metro parking fee of $2.00 per car does apply though.
– “The Portland Stairs Book,” presented by Laura Foster at Annie Bloom’s Books beginning at 7:30pm. Free.
– Meet author Nancy Pearl for her 7:30pm book signing and reading “Book Lust To Go” at Powell’s City of Books on Burnside, free.