Article of the Week:
“Seven deals to shop for this fall,” from Yahoo Shine. Learn about the best deals for fall from four end-of-season bargain-hunting specialists.
Monday, October 11th:
– Friends of the Library Used Book Sale final day, 9:00am – 3:00pm with all items at 50% off. 1205 NE 33rd Avenue (at Sandy Boulevard).
– OMSI Science Pub, 7:00pm at McMenamins Bagdad Theater. Tonight’s topic is “Cataclysms on the Columbia: The Great Missoula Floods.” Science Pub is open to ages 21+, or minor with adult. $3 suggested cover charge.
– The 13th Annual Symposium on Environmental Affairs: Following the Food Chain, this week Monday-Thursday at Lewis and Clark College. Free events open to the public, please see web site for schedule and parking locations.
Tuesday, October 12th:
– Oregon Zoo Second Tuesday: gate admission is just $4 per person. Ride the MAX and show proof of fare to get an additional $1.50 off per passenger.
– Zinesters Talking special program at Multnomah County’s Central Library beginning at 6:30pm. The Dill Pickle Club presents “Know Your City: Examining Portland’s Forgotten History Through Zines.” Free.
Wednesday, October 13th:
– Community event from 10:00am – 11:30am “Meals that Heal – Cancer Fighting Foods: Farm to Fork.” Learn to create healthy, delicious meals. Tour the Portland Farmers Market with vendor presentation and food sampling. Sponsored by Legacy Health and ODS. See web site for registration information. Free.
– “Sentencing in the Oregon Judicial System: A Conversation,” presented by the City Club of Portland beginning at 6:30pm at the Multnomah County Central Library (3rd floor). Free.
Thursday, October 14th:
– McMenamins Kennedy School 13th Anniversary Celebration starting at 4:00pm with free music, all ages welcome.