Article of the Week:
– “The Best Deals Are in the Strangest Places,” from SmartMoney.com.
Monday, October 18th:
– Free Night of Theater 2010 additional ticket release; check the web site for added shows in the Portland area, including Lake Oswego, Tigard, Hillsboro and Beaverton.
Tuesday, October 19th:
– Senior Day at the World Forestry Center with discounted admission of only $2 for those 62 and over, 9:00am – 2:00pm. Seniors will be treated to a goodie bag and all visitors will have the chance to see the Center’s newest special exhibit, The Last Polar Bear: Facing the Truth of a Warming World.
– “Getting the News From Poems: Poetry and Journalism in Conversation,” will feature a discussion of poetry, prose and more. 6:00pm – 7:30pm at the Turnbull Center (Skidmore Fountain MAX stop). This event is free and open to the public.
Wednesday, October 20th:
– Mr. Formal 31st annual Warehouse Sale begins today and runs until Saturday, October 23rd at 1103 SE 7th Avenue (at Taylor) in Portland. Sale includes tuxedo jackets, shirts, vests, hats, gloves and more.
– King Arthur Flour free traveling baking demo at Embassy Suites Hotel by Washington Square. 12:00pm demo is “Perfect Pies and Tarts” and the 7:00pm demo is “Sweet Breads.” No registration is required, come for free recipes and door prizes.
– Pacific Northwest College of Art’s 150th anniversary celebration of Whitman’s 1860 edition of Leaves of Grass features a staged reading of Whitman’s masterpiece “Song of Myself.” 6:30pm, free.
– The George S. Turnbull Center is hosting Bitch Media’s workshop “The Naked Truth: Body image, Photoshop, and Other Adventures in Advertising,” an intergenerational forum at 6:30pm in the White Stage event space.
Thursday, October 21st:
– PCC Brown Bag Lecture Series, 12:00pm – 1:00pm at Multnomah County Central Library. Today’s topic is “What’s This Magic Called NLP?” Free.
– King Arthur Flour free traveling baking demo at Jantzen Beach’s Red Lion Hotel. 12:00pm demo is “Perfect Pies and Tarts” and the 7:00pm demo is “Sweet Breads.” No registration is required, come for free recipes and door prizes.