Article of the Week:
– “10 Ways to Save Money on Your Utility Bill,” from Yahoo Finance.
Monday, October 25th:
– Special Groupon national deal: $20 for $40 worth of natural skin care, bath and beauty products at The Body Shop. Expires February 25th, 2011. Limit 1 per visit, in-store use only. May use with “Love Your Body Club” discount, and is valid toward sale items. Must use in 1 visit, no cash back.
– Last Monday History Pub at McMenamins Kennedy School, 7:00pm, free. Tonight’s topic is “Frontier Justice in Oregon, 1850-1997.”
– Book reading “The Zombie Code” at Powell’s Books on Hawthorne, 7:30pm.
Tuesday, October 26th:
– Regal Cinemas Value Days features $5 admission tickets all day long exclusively at select theaters: Hilltop 9 Cinemas (Oregon City), Wilsonville Stadium 9, City Center Stadium 12 (Vancouver), Tigard 11 Cinemas and Cinema 99 Stadium 11 (Hazeldell). Additional 3D-up charges may apply. Regal Crown Club members don’t forget your membership card to get a small popcorn for $1!
– The Portland Trail Blazers kick off their 2010-2011 NBA season against the Phoenix Suns at 7:00pm at the Rose Garden. Catch the action at your local watering hole or at McMenamins Mission Theater, free.
Wednesday, October 27th:
– Submission: Wonderful Wednesdays means $5 Yoga Classes ALL day, every Wednesday at Yoga NW at NW 26th and Upshur. Please see the web site for schedule.
– Ground Kontrol’s monthly free play party begins at 5:00pm and runs til’ late; just a $5 cover charge gets you all the great classic video arcade and pinball games you want to play. DJ starts at 9:00pm.
Thursday, October 28th:
– PCC Brown Bag lecture at the Multnomah County Central Library, 12:00pm – 1:00pm. Today’s topic is “What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?” Free.
– Go back to the Central library later in the evening for the reception of “Lit Chicks: Verbal and Visual Satire in the Age of Jane Austen,” in the Collins Gallery. Austen scholar Paula L. Stepankowsky will talk about how the exhibition helps put Jane Austen and her times in context. Refreshments will be served.
– Check back here on Thursday morning for our listing of Halloween events and a guide to the best neighborhoods for trick or treating.