Article of the Week:
“Cut your grocery bill with these 8 healthy ingredients for $1,” by the editors of EatingWell Magazine.
Monday, November 1st:
– OMSI Science Pub, 7:00pm at McMenamins Bagdad Theater. $3 suggested cover charge for the topic “What Technology Wants.” Science Pub is open to ages 21+, or minor with adult.
– Oregon Stories of War, 7:00pm at the Ellyn Bye Studio Theater inside the Armory (near Powell’s on Burnside). Free admission, also repeats November 8th and 15th. From web site: “In conjunction with Portland Center Stage’s production of An Iliad and the Veteran’s Day holiday, PCS will offer an innovative performance in which military veterans, after interviews and subsequent training and rehearsal, have staged the ‘telling’ of their stories for our community. Please join us for these veterans’ stories followed by a Q & A with audience members.”
Tuesday, November 2nd:
– The best freebie out there: your right to vote! Go out and cast your vote and drop them off here at numerous sites around the state. Still undecided? Here are the election cheat sheets and endorsements from the editors of the Oregonian, Willamette Week and Portland Mercury.
– Oregon Archaeological Society presents “Archaeology in the Oregon State Park system,” 7:00pm at OMSI. Free presentation.
Thursday, November 4th:
– “Sometimes a Great Notion” – Siren Nation Group art show by women from the Pacific Northwest. Runs from 7:00pm – 10:00pm at The Albina Press (50th & SE Hawthorne). All ages. Free.
– Portland First Thursday in downtown, Old Town / Chinatown and the Pearl District from 6:00pm – 9:00pm.
– Free Introduction to Yoga Class at Sunset Yoga Center in Beaverton (near Highway 217 and Highway 26), 7:30pm. Please see web site to register.