Weekend on the Cheap:
– Stop by Burger King every Friday in November for a free cup of Seattle’s Best Coffee. One free 12 oz. hot Seattle’s Best Coffee per customer per visit during breakfast hours only on Fridays in November. While supplies last. Not valid on flavored shots or whipped topping. At participating restaurants only.
– Drive Less/Save More’s rally this Friday at Pioneer Courthouse Square between 5:00pm and 7:00pm to help raise awareness about the need to “Be Seen and Be Safe.” The aim is to fill the square with light so wear flashing lights, fun lit apparel and reflective gear….free flashing lights and other reflective bits will be handed out. Plus, the latest reflective wear and gear will be modeled. A fun, easy-paced bike ride around downtown will also be led by the BTA (start time is 6:30 p.m.). Bike Gallery will be offering FREE bike check-ups for those interested. Entertainment provided by local LED Hoop Dancers with Sparkle Movement. Refreshments will be served.
– Bales Marketplace Cedar Mill and Aloha Thriftway stores Holiday Specialty Show and Tasting this Friday and Saturday from 4:00pm – 7:00pm with free samples throughout the store.
– Portland’s Largest Garage Sale at The Expo Center, this Friday and Saturday, $4.00 general admission (plus parking fee).
-Lucky Spoon Frozen Yogurt Grand Opening this Friday and Saturday at 780 SW Jefferson in downtown Portland. All purchases are half off during the celebration.
– Po’Shines’ Crawfish and Chitlins Feed and Fundraiser this Friday and Saturday, free, but donations are encouraged. 11:00am – 10:00pm.
– Celebrate National Nacho Day this Saturday at 4th Street Brewing Company in Gresham with $1 nachos all day and then watch the 2nd annual Nacho Eating Contest at 6:00pm.
– Haggen Food Show this Saturday at area stores, 11:00am – 4:00pm with free samples and one-day coupons.
– Macy’s Men’s Fall Fashion Celebration this Saturday, 2:00pm at the Washington Square location. Enjoy refreshments, DJ, special gifts with purchase and enter to win prizes.
– Bank of America’s Museums on Us promotion runs this Saturday and Sunday at the Portland Art Museum and the Pittock Mansion. Just show your BoA debit or credit card to get free admission.
– Siren Nation Art Craft & Sale and Community Workshop this Sunday at McMenamins Kennedy School. 11:00am – 5:00pm, this art and craft sale showcases women artisans from the Northwest as part of the 2010 Siren Nation Women’s Music and Arts Festival. Free admission, all ages.
– OMSI admission is just $2 this Sunday for every one, see the new exhibit “Identity” on the cheap!
– Here’s a shout-out to a new web site featuring Portland area half-price deals. Mobons is currently featuring $15 for $30 worth of food and drink at Helium Comedy Club; $7 for $15 Worth of Cupcakes and More at Sweetness Bakery and Cafe; $7.00 for $15 off at Modern Love Cafe; and a 4 Month Unlimited Range Pass at Lake Oswego Golf.
SPOTLIGHT: BUFFALO WILD WINGS
This is our favorite time of the sports year, with the NBA season, NFL, college football, NHL and the end of the baseball playoffs vying for attention on our TV. With all that action we are fortunate to have found a place where we can take in all those events plus other diversions as well.
Buffalo Wild Wings has five locations around the Portland area and features multiple TVs and wide screens for all the sports action. When viewing on the cheap, we try to go during their happy hour, which runs Monday – Friday from 3:00pm – 6:00pm. A drink purchase is NOT required if purchasing their cheap food items!
Happy Hour Menu
$3.50 – Margarita, Lemon Drop, Cosmopolitan
$3.00 – Well drinks
$1.00 off – Domestic & Microbrew (tall)
Starters for $3.00
Chili con queso
Chips & salsa
Mini corn dogs
Roasted garlic mushrooms
Regular onion rings
Basket of fries
Cheeseburger slammers with fries
Caesar side salad
The restaurant also offers a late night menu Monday- Friday from 10:00pm – close featuring the $3 appetizers listed above, $3 regular beers (Coors Light, Miller Lite, Budweiser) and $3 well drinks. Again, a drink purchase is NOT required!
Other promotions to save money include:
– Wing Tuesdays: every Tuesday all day get wings for just $.55 each (minimum order of 6).
– Boneless Thursdays: every Thursday all day get boneless wings for just $.65 each (minimum order of 6).
– Join the Buffalo Circle for special email offers, information on their latest promotions and on your birthday receive a free dessert voucher with a $5 purchase. Desserts include cheesecake, apple pie and a chocolate fudge cake.
– Follow Buffalo Wild Wings on Facebook and receive news-feed coupons.
In between the sporting plays, the restaurant offers patrons the use of a free game console “Buzztime Playmaker Players Plus” where players within the restaurant can play each other in trivia questions and poker (monitors display your name and game played). Those that want to play alone can choose from other games as well. And if there is a particular sporting event that you’d like to watch (like a UFC bout), just ask!
The restaurant is open until 1:00am on weekends, and opens at 9:00am on Sunday morning for all you NFL football fans. Happy Buffalo winging!