Article of the Week:
– “The Super-Saver’s Guide to Grocery Shopping at Dollar Stores,” by RachaelRaymag.com.
Monday, November 8th:
– Oregon Stories of War, 7:00pm at the Ellyn Bye Studio Theater inside the Armory (near Powellâ€™s on Burnside). Free admission, also repeats next Monday on November 15th. From web site: â€œIn conjunction with Portland Center Stageâ€™s production of An Iliad and the Veteranâ€™s Day holiday, PCS will offer an innovative performance in which military veterans, after interviews and subsequent training and rehearsal, have staged the â€˜tellingâ€™ of their stories for our community. Please join us for these veteransâ€™ stories followed by a Q & A with audience members.â€
Tuesday, November 9th:
– Oregon Zoo Second Tuesday: gate admission is just $4 per person. Ride the MAX and show proof of fare to get an additional $1.50 off per passenger.
Wednesday, November 10th:
– The Lake Oswego Public Library presents the Maldon Meehan Dancers and musicians Elizabeth Nicholson and Bob Soper for this free performance beginning at 12:00pm.
– L.E.S.T.A. (Learn English/Spanish Through the Arts) presents a free family show “Chatty Cats” at Glen Walters Cultural Arts Center, 7:00pm in Hillsboro.
– Book reading at Powell’s City of Books on Burnside, “Keep the Change: A Clueless Tipper’s Quest to Become the Guru of the Gratuity,” 7:30pm, free.
Thursday, November 11th (Veteran’s Day):
– Oregon Zoo free admission for military veterans and active military personnel.
– Portland Japanese Garden Free Admission Day, 10:00am – 4:00pm. Visitors are encouraged to bring canned goods or nonperishable food items for Oregon Food Bank.
– World Forestry Center Veterans (active and non-active) and Teacher Free Day, 10:00am – 5:00pm. Teachers and veterans are admitted at no charge. Additional family members and friends pay regular museum admission. $2 Metro parking fee does apply.
– H&M Grand Opening at Pioneer Place Mall starting at 12:00pm. The first 300 shoppers in line will receive an H&M T-shirt and Access to Fashion Pass, valued from $10 to $300 in addition to fantastic opening offers and giveaways.
– Official Veteran’s Day events from around the state are posted here, including Beaverton’s Annual Veterans Day Celebration and the 36th Annual Ross Hollywood District Veterans Day Parade.