Article of the Week:
– “A step-by-step guide to wasting less food,” by Lori Bongiorno of The Conscious Consumer.
Monday, November 15th:
– Portland Community College’s 8th Annual International Education Week runs Monday – Friday with talent show, fashion show, dance demonstrations, Japanese calligraphy workshop, cultural showcase fair and much more. Most events are free and are scheduled at: Sylvania Campus, Rock Creek Campus, Cascade Campus and Southeast Center.
Tuesday, November 16th:
– Jack in the Box TWO free tacos after 2:00pm at all participating locations. One offer per person, no coupon or other purchase is required.
– Cold Stone Ice Creamery Eight Layer Cake National sampling from 5:00pm – 8:00pm. Free sample refers to 3 oz portion of Eight Layer Cake. Valid only at participating locations.
– Spoken Word series presents the free 7:00pm “Give My Love to Everybody: Letters from a World War II Soldier,” at Hillsboro’s Glen Walters Cultural Center. This Spoken Word will feature a VFW Color Guard presentation and displays of memorabilia from the era.
– OMSI Science Pub lecture at McMenamins Mission Theater, 7:00pm start time. Tonight’s topic is “I Dig Bones: Adventures in Forensic Anthropology.” $3 suggested cover charge, open to ages 21+, or minor with adult.
– Oregon Encyclopedia History Pub at McMenamins Cornelius Pass Roadhouse, 7:00pm with tonight’s topic â€œTillamook Forest: Past, Present & Future.â€ Free.
Wednesday, November 17th:
– Free Beaverton Senior Winds Concert featuring music composed by Franz Schubert. The performance is at Beaverton City Library Auditorium beginning at 7:00pm.
Thursday, November 18th:
– Free health class “Meals that Heal: Cancer Fighting Foods (Good Fats vs Bad Fats),” 6:00pm at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral. Learn to create healthy delicious meals, increase good fats, learn easy healthful recipes and how good fats support optimal health. Free to attend but registration is required, see web site for details.
– Free concert, “An Evening of Percussion,” in Evans Recital Hall at Lewis and Clark College. 8:00pm.