Article of the Week:
“7 Black Friday Deals Worth Buying Now,” by Jason Notte on Yahoo Finance. Provides a quick run down of “seven categories on which savvy shoppers can save without sacrificing their sanity or tryptophan-induced post-Thanksgiving sleep.”
“The Black Friday Myth,” provided by TheStreet.com
Monday, November 22nd:
– Book reading of “A Householder’s Guide to the Universe: A Calendar of Basics for the Home and Beyond,” 7:30pm at Powell’s City of Books. For Willamette Week’s book review, please click here.
Tuesday, November 23rd:
– Free workshop “Radical Suggestions for Encouraging the Love of Reading,” 6:45pm at the Belmont library. Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
– Free concert featuring saxophonist Kim Reece, 7:30pm at Portland State University’s Lincoln Hall 75. A reception will follow the performance.
Wednesday, November 24th:
– Classic Cocktails Tasting at McMenamins Ringlers Annex from 4:00pm until late, free admission, 21 and over only.
– Ground Kontrol Monthly Free Play Party, doors open at 5:00pm and cover charge is $5 to play all the classic video arcades and pinball games you want.
– Come back to our blog on Wednesday when we’ll post our Spotlight on Black Friday and weekend sales for the Portland area.