Happy Thanksgiving and a big THANK YOU for visiting our web site and blog! Here’s your weekend round up of things to do “on the cheap” as well as information for Black Friday sales and opening hours.
REFERENCE ARTICLES & WEB SITES
“How to Prepare for Black Friday,” from Digital Trends.
– Black Friday Ads 2010; provides a complete listing of leaked ads, online deals, hot buys and much more.
– “How To Snag the Best Bargains on Black Friday,” a short 2-minute video with tips for getting the best deal.
– “Black Friday TIPS: Best Advice For Deal-Hungry Shoppers,” from HuffingtonPost.com.
– “Black Friday’s Dirty Little Secrets,” from CNNMoney.com.
BLACK FRIDAY OPENING HOURS
Bridgeport Village: 9:00am
Clackamas Town Center: 6:00am
Columbia Gorge Premium Outlets: 12:00am
Lloyd Center: 8:00am
Pioneer Place: 9:00am
Streets of Tanasbourne: 6:00am
Washington Square: 7:00am
Westfield Shopping Center (Vancouver Mall): 7:00am
Woodburn Company Stores: 10:00pm Thanksgiving Day!
Best Buy: 5:00am
Big 5 Sporting Goods: 5:00am
Big Lots: 6:00am
Dick’s Sporting Goods: 5:00am
Fred Meyer: 5:00am (plus free coffee and donuts)
Fry’s Electronics: 5:00am
Home Depot: 5:00am
Office Depot: 6:00am
Office Max: 7:00am
Old Navy: 12:00am
Radio Shack: 5:30am
Rite Aid: 7:00am
Sports Authority: 5:00am
Toys R Us: 10:00pm Thanksgiving Day!
Ultimate Electronics: 4:00am
Weekend on the Cheap:
– Wine Country Thanksgiving this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. More than 160 wineries and tasting rooms will open to the public for special tastings and holiday festivities
– Title Wave Used Bookstore Customer Appreciation Sale this Friday from 9:00am – 4:00pm. Get 55 percent off all used material!
– My Macy’s Holiday Parade in downtown Portland beginning at 9:00am Friday. “Accompanied by inflatable floats, costumed characters and local community groups, Santa will lead the parade to the downtown Macy’s where he will open Santaland at 11 a.m. for the 2010 holiday season. The My Macy’s Holiday Parade, one of Oregon’s most treasured family traditions, will begin promptly at 9 a.m. on the corner of NW Park and Davis. The parade will travel east on Davis to Broadway, south on Broadway to SW Alder, east on SW Alder (past Macy’s) to SW 4th, north on SW 4th to NW Flanders, west on SW Flanders to NW Park Avenue. The parade lasts approximately one hour. Those wishing to secure curbside seating are encouraged to arrive early.”
– Portland Art Museum Free Admission 4th Fridays, 5:00pm – 8:00pm.
– Lake Oswego’s 46th Annual Holiday Tree Lighting this Friday at 5:00pm. Gather at the corner of 5th Street and A Avenue to see the lighting of the Bigelow Plaza Holiday Tree, then parade to Millennium Park for the lighting of the Millennium Tree.
– Give Handmade Sale this Sunday from 11:00am – 5:00pm at Left Bank Annex near the Rose Quarter. Free admission.
– Women’s Business 5th Annual Holiday Showcase and Fundraiser for the Oregon Food Bank this Sunday at McMenamins Kennedy School, 10:30am – 6:30pm. Free admission.
– Free public concert by the Dickens Carolers this Sunday beginning at 4:30pm at Temple Baptist Church (1319 NE 7th Ave).