Cyber Monday Reference Articles:
– Official CyberMonday web site, providing all the specials from over 700 online retailers.
– “Cyber Monday: Best Deals,” provides a list of top deals from Amazon, Best Buy, Staples, Walmart and more.
– “The Web’s Best CyberMonday Deals,” from cnet.com.
– “5 Cyber Monday Websites for Finding Great Deals,” from PCWorld.com.
– “How to score a bargain on Cyber Monday,” a short 3-minute video from MSNBC.
Monday, November 29th:
– Local beer, wine and coffee blog Pouregon introduces a limited time offer daily deal for downtown Portland’s dueling piano bar Barrel Room, where $40 gets admission for a party of six plus a round of specialty shots ($80 value). This will be posted around 8:00am, take a look!
– Closing Ceremony of Sacred Tibetan Art: The Sand Mandala Project at Multnomah County Central Library, 12:00pm – 1:00pm. The sand mandala is blessed by the monks, and then destroyed as the sands are swept to the center. Some sand will be available to audience members. Music, chanting and prayer will accompany the destruction. The remaining sand will be carried in a procession to the Willamette River.
– Last Monday History Pub Lecture at McMenamins Kennedy School presents “”Code Name High Pockets: Portland’s Forgotten Heroine of WWII Speaker: Sig Unander, Historian and Filmmaker.” Starts at 7:00pm, all ages and free admission. Participants are encouraged to bring a canned good for the Oregon Food Bank.
Tuesday, November 30th:
– Free book signing and reading of “Vegan Cooking for Dummies,” 7:30pm at Powell’s City of Books on Burnside.
Wednesday, December 1st:
– World Forestry Center Wondrous Wednesday offers $2.00 admission per person to the Discovery Museum, 10:00am – 5:00pm.
Thursday, December 2nd:
– Portland First Thursday with many galleries open from 6:00pm – 8:30pm, free.
– This is the first Thursday for “Holidate with Downtown,” offering free parking in downtown Portland when you enter a SmartPark garage between 4:00pm – 6:00pm on Thursdays in December.