Article of the Week:
– “The Best Christmas Shopping Deals,” from Forbes.com, highlighting products with the biggest discounts for this buying season.
Monday, December 6th:
– 2nd Annual Bike Gallery Bike the Light Night! Tonight from 5:00pm – 9:00pm, check out the Winter Wonderland holiday lights show at Portland International Raceway by bicycle. Hosted by the Bike Gallery, admission is just $6 per person (free for ages 13 and under) and is completely closed off to vehicular traffic.
– Free piano Christmas concert at Classic Piano (3003 SE Milwaukie Avenue), 7:30pm and featuring Joanne Smith. Please RSVP via phone or email.
Tuesday, December 7th:
– Portland Saturday Market and Pioneer Courthouse Square host the annual Holiday Artisan Market starting today and running until Friday, December 10th; open 11:30am – 6:30pm.
– First Tuesday Art Walk in downtown Hillsboro, 6:00pm – 8:00pm. The Glenn & Viola Walters Cultural Arts Center will host the opening reception of “Elements: Multiple Parts/Singular Art” starting at 6:00pm with free refreshments and a house concert.
Wednesday, December 8th:
– Free solo acoustic performance by multi-Grammy award winner and legendary guitarist Bill Frisell, 7:00pm at EveryDay Music (1313 West Burnside Street).
Thursday, December 9th:
– Free parking downtown Portland if you enter any SmartPark parking garage between 4:00pm – 6:00pm for “Holidates with Downtown.” We took advantage of this promotion last Thursday and it was simple and straight forward — we entered the garage at 4:03pm and after some happy hour and a most excellent viewing of “Samurai Assassin” at the NW Film Center, we exited the garage at 8:46pm with zero dollars owed. Holidates continues every Thursday night in December.
– “Hawthorne Holiday Stroll,” 6:00pm – 9:00pm featuring festive holiday shopping, sales, carolers, live music, free hot cider and cocoa, free holiday movies, family activities and more. Main tent is at SE 36th and Hawthorne Street.
– Happy Hour Guidebook 2011 release party with Voicebox PDX, 6:00pm – 10:00pm. Come for free karaoke, meet new friends, get the latest edition for $10 and meet the author. The public is invited, RSVP on their Facebook page.