Article of the Week:
– “15 Sites to Help You Find Amazing Holiday Deals,” from Kiplinger.com. This is the fourth annual list of web sites that will help you save money on holiday gifts.
Monday, December 13th:
– The Volunteers of PCPA presents PCPA Noontime Showcase: Sally Harmon & Frank Gruner for a free holiday musical performance at the Rotunda of Hatfield Hall, Portland Center for the Performing Arts. 12:00pm.
– It’s a full week of the Christmas Ships Parade, with viewing on both the Columbia River and the Willamette River starting at 7:00pm.
Tuesday, December 14th:
– Oregon Zoo Second Tuesday with general admission of $4; ride the MAX, show proof of fare and receive an additional $1.50 off. The admission rate is valid for both the regular daytime animal viewing AND the evening Zoo Lights festival. Free musical performances tonight include Dayton High School, Panache and the Tualatin Valley Community Band.
– Hugs and Hot Chocolate Winter Showcase, a free performance of short plays and songs. All fall and winter teens from across Oregon met the challenge of PlayWrite workshop residencies, exploring character, emotions and change. Local actors and singers straight from Portland stages and movie lots bring the PlayWrites’ work to life. Performances at the World Trade Centre Theatre, 5:00pm and repeats at 8:00pm, tickets are free but must be reserved online.
– “Time to Market: A Showcase of Local Foods,” 6:00pm – 9:00pm at the OSU Food Innovation Center, free. This event is an opportunity for the public to meet and support local food business entrepreneurs in their first steps to bring their commercial ready product to the retail market.
Thursday, December 16th:
– Portland Saturday Market Festival of the Last Minute, open every day December 16th – 24th.
– “Meals that Heal – Cancer Fighting Foods: Convert your Holiday Recipes” free class at downtown Portland’s Trinity Episcopal Cathedral from 7:00pm – 9:00pm, please see web site to register. Sponsored by Legacy Health System.