Article of the Week:
– “16 Online Stores that Deliver by Christmasâ€”Even If You Order Last Minute!,” from Kaboodle.com.
– “The Best Stuff to Buy in December,” provided by Mainstreet.com.
Monday, December 20th:
– Sing-Along Messiah at St. Mark Presbyterian Church beginning at 7:00pm. From web site: “A free-will offering will be taken to go to SW Neighborhood House and refreshments will be served following the singing! Singers and listeners are all welcome!”
Tuesday, December 21st:
– Spoken Word: A Holiday Wine Tasting and Discussion with Oregon’s Master Winesmith Fred Gunton at Hillsboro’s Glenn & Viola Walters Cultural Arts Center. From web site: “Gunton is a renowned wine tour guide and wine educator who will talk about some wine tasting basics for novice as well as more experienced wine lovers. You will see, smell, and taste wine in a whole new way!” 7:00pm, free.
– Christmas Ship Parade, last evening is tonight; both the Columbia and Willamette fleets assemble in front of James M. Gleason Boat Ramp, 43rd/NE Marine Drive and turns at the east end of the parking lot to head downriver to the I-5 Bridge Area, arriving at approximately 7:30 PM
Wednesday, December 22nd:
– Last Minute Holiday Craft Fair at People’s Food Coop, 3:00pm – 8:00pm. There will also be a farmer’s market from 2:00pm – 7:00pm.
– Willamette Weekâ€™s Christmas Extravaganza, a free show beginning at 9:00pm at Mississippi Studios. Bands will perform to celebrate the release of the PDX Christmas Compilation, “Another Grey Christmas 4.”
Thursday, December 23rd:
– Last minute shopping in downtown Portland? Get free parking if you enter any SmartPark parking garage between 4:00pm â€“ 6:00pm for â€œHolidate with Downtown.â€ Check out Crafty Wonderland’s Pop-Up Shop next to Finneganâ€™s Toys for their Craft Holiday Happy Hour from 5:00pm – 7:00pm.