Happy 2011 New Year! To help you ring in the celebrations, here is your guide for things to do this New Year’s weekend:
– Oregonlive.com picks “Oregon’s New Year’s Eve events”
– PDXPipeline’s “30+ Portland New Years Parties & Events | 2010 / 2011”
– Portland Mercury’s “Destination: New Year’s Eve!”
– PortlandNeighborhood.com’s “New Years Eve Portland Oregon”
– Tri-Met free rides after 8:00pm this Friday, New Yearâ€™s Eve. This includes all TriMet buses, the MAX and streetcar.
– In addition to the above referenced events, don’t forget that this Sunday OMSI opens its doors for only $2 per person (made possible through the generous support of Bank of America , The Standard , and the Spirit Mountain Community Fund)
– Speaking of Bank of America, this Saturday and Sunday is their “Museums on Us” promotion… just show a Bank of America credit card or debit card and get free admission to the Portland Art Museum or the Pittock Mansion (check those open hours before you go though!).
For those of us committed to making some positive changes via new year’s resolutions, we offer you this article “New Year’s Resolutions: 10 Resolutions To Make And Keep In 2011” from the Huffington Post.
Portland on the Cheap will be back next week with a new site design and some new features. Please bookmark our site, make a comment, email a submission or share our blog with your friends, we appreciate your readership! Happy New Year!!