Article of the Week:
“Reboot for the New Year!” from Parade magazine, lists ten ways to start off the new year.
Monday, January 3rd:
– Lan Su Chinese Garden in Portland’s Chinatown district is offering free admission from now until Sunday, January 9th.
– Fresh Express salad kits for just $1 at area Fred Meyer stores, now until this Saturday, January 8th. Includes Asian, House Italian, Caesar Lite and more, no coupon needed.
– Book reading event of “Blazermania” at Powell’s City of Books on Burnside. 7:30pm start, free.
Tuesday, January 4th:
– First Tuesday Music series at the Lake Oswego Public Library features the Millennium Clarinets. 7:00pm, free.
Wednesday, January 5th:
– Community Cinema Independent Lens series free film “For Once in My Life” at the Turnbull Center in downtown Portland. 6:00pm.
– Portland REI in the Pearl offers a free introductory class on “Snowshoeing Basics,” beginning at 7:00pm. Register for the class online.
Thursday, January 6th:
– Portland First Thursday monthly art gallery receptions and openings in downtown Portland, Old Town / Chinatown, Northwest and the Pearl. Click here for a printable walking map. Check out the Basil Hallward Gallery in Powell’s City of Books for an exhibition of posters of every cover of the Portland Mercury newspaper.