Article of the Week:
“Reboot for the New Year!” from Parade magazine, lists ten ways to start off the new year.
Monday, January 3rd:
– Lan Su Chinese Garden in Portland’s Chinatown district is offering free admission from now until Sunday, January 9th.
– Fresh Express salad kits for just $1 at area Fred Meyer stores, now until this Saturday, January 8th. Includes Asian, House Italian, Caesar Lite and more, no coupon needed.
– Book reading event of “Blazermania” at Powell’s City of Books on Burnside. 7:30pm start, free.
Tuesday, January 4th:
– First Tuesday Music series at the Lake Oswego Public Library features the Millennium Clarinets. 7:00pm, free.
Wednesday, January 5th:
– Community Cinema Independent Lens series free film “For Once in My Life” at the Turnbull Center in downtown Portland. 6:00pm.
– Portland REI in the Pearl offers a free introductory class on “Snowshoeing Basics,” beginning at 7:00pm. Register for the class online.
Thursday, January 6th:
– Portland First Thursday monthly art gallery receptions and openings in downtown Portland, Old Town / Chinatown, Northwest and the Pearl. Click here for a printable walking map. Check out the Basil Hallward Gallery in Powell’s City of Books for an exhibition of posters of every cover of the Portland Mercury newspaper.
For other ideas on what to do this week and beyond, please visit our calendar or our page for ongoing discount days and free events. Happy New Year!
Parade “magazine,” really? I’m embarrassed enough that such a content-less, shallow ad-container is even included in our paper, but to recommend a link to it nauseates me.