Article of the Week:
“How to Get Financially Fit in the New Year,” provided by the Wall Street Journal. A month-by-month guide to get you financially fit!
Monday, February 14th:
– Valentine’s Day Guide for events, food & drink, music/theater and more: Willamette Week’s “PDX Hearts You,” & “Lovesick,” and PDX Pipeline’s “2011 Portland Valentines Events.”
– Portland Job Fair, 11:00am – 2:00pm at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, free.
– The Volunteers of Portland Center for the Performing Arts presents PCPA Noontime Showcase “Portland Opera: The Elixir of Love,” free at 12:00pm, no tickets needed.
Tuesday, February 15th:
– Free Senior Resource Fair sponsored By Regency Home Care And Russellville Park, 10:00am – 1:00pm at Russellville Park Retirement West Theater, free.
– Spoken Word series at Hillsboro’s Glenn & Viola Walters Cultural Arts Center presents “Shakespeare the Thief: Adaptation & Pilfering in the Bard’s Work.” 7:00pm, free.
Wednesday, February 16th:
– Helium Comedy Club presents “Free Trivia & Comedy Night;” eat, drink, play trivia and enjoy some of Portland’s hottest comics performing between rounds. Space is limited – call 888-643-8669 to make your reservation. There is a two-item minimum in the showroom, but prices are reasonable and you can’t beat the combo of trivia and comedy!
Thursday, February 17th:
– Pacific Northwest Black Pioneers Exhibit: View the challenges and experiences faced by African American pioneers while settling in the Northwest from 1870-1990. The opening ceremony and mayor’s proclamation is 4:00pm Thursday at Portland City Hall, 1221 S.W. Fourth Ave.
– “Just Call Me Darcelle” book reading at Powell’s City of Books, 7:30pm, free. From web site: “..is a memoir about how Cole, a shy boy from Linnton, Oregon, grew up to become Portland’s beloved female impersonator, Darcelle XV.”