Article of the Week:
– “How Being Cheap Will Leave You Broke,” by Annie Mueller and provided by Investopedia.
Monday, February 28th:
– Free library program at the Hollywood Library “Resources for Living on a Limited Budget,” 6:30pm – 7:45pm, free. Description: “Multnomah County’s Commission on Children, Families & Community staff will help consumers to manage more easily on a limited budget. They will describe the Family Economic Security Project, which includes information on tax benefit programs, free tax assistance and family budgeting. We’ll also highlight other consumer-related information resources like 2-1-1, Oregon Helps and the Beehive.”
– Last Monday History Pub at McMenamins Kennedy School “Inside the Burley World,” 7:00pm start. Free admission for all ages, please bring a canned good to donate to the Oregon Food Bank.
– First Tuesday Music Series at Lake Oswego Library, 7:00pm – 8:30pm featuring the Portland Guitar Duo, free.
Tuesday, March 1st:
– IHOP National Pancake Day Celebration: from 7:00am – 10:00pm, stop by any IHOP location in the Portland area and receive one complimentary short stack, no other purchase necessary. When you leave the restaurant, you’ll have the opportunity to consider making a donation to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and other designated local charities.
– First Tuesday in downtown Hillsboro, 6:00pm – 8:00pm. Stop by the Glenn & Viola Walters Cultural Arts Center for the First Tuesday opening reception with house concert and light refreshments provided by Claeys Catering! (artwork by Forrest Solis)
Wednesday, March 2nd:
– Community Cinema Independent Lens series presents “Pushing the Elephant,” 6:00pm at the Turnbull Center in Old Town. Free admission. Description: “When civil war came to Rose’s Congolese village, she was separated from her five-year-old daughter, Nangabire. Rose managed to escape with nine of her 10 children and was eventually resettled in Phoenix, Arizona. More than a decade later, mother and daughter are reunited in the U.S. where they must come to terms with the past and build a new future.”
Thursday, March 3rd:
– Portland First Thursday monthly art gallery receptions and openings in downtown Portland, Old Town / Chinatown, Northwest and the Pearl. Click here for a printable walking map.
– Portland Opera to Go: Elixir of Love, free 7:00pm performance at McMenamins Kennedy School gymnasium. All ages welcome.