Article of the Week:
– “What foods to buy and what to skip at Trader Joeâ€™s,” by the editors of EatingWell Magazine.
Monday, March 7th:
– Mt. Tabor Mondays featuring Keegan Smith and The Fam, this free weekly dance party begins at 9:00pm.
Tuesday, March 8th:
– 10th annual Free Haircut Day at Portland-only locations of Bishops Barbershops with donations to benefit the Sisters of the Road Cafe. Starts at 9:00am and is on a first come, first served â€“ walk in only basis (sorry, no calling in to reserve a spot on the list or to make an appointment)!
– Oregon Zoo Second Tuesday with general admission for just $4; ride the MAX, show proof of ridership and get an additional $1.50 off each ticket.
– Fat Tuesday Pizza Eating Contest at Mississippi Pizza beginning at 6:00pm. $5 entry fee.
– Tenth Annual Jefferson High School Multicultural Film Festival featuring “Wayfinders, A Pacific Odyssey” at the North Portland Neighborhood Library beginning at 5:00pm.
– Free introductory yoga class at Julie Lawrence Yoga Center from 7:15pm – 8:45pm.
Wednesday, March 9th:
– Panda Express introduces their new Golden Treasure Shrimp with a free sample all day. Use this coupon, no other purchase is necessary and valid while supplies last.
– Free program “Stretch Your Retirement Dollars,” from 7:00pm – 8:00pm at the Kenton Public Library. From web site: “A member of the Oregon Society of CPAs will discuss how to tell if you will fall short; strategies for making your money go further in retirement; how to evaluate your lifestyle and investments; and tips on annuities, reverse mortgages and tax planning. Come learn how to get your retirement strategy on track!”
Thursday, March 10th:
– Monumental Women Walking Tour, 2:00pm – 4:00pm at Portland State University. From web site: “Celebrate Womenâ€™s History Month by joining PSU students for an hour tour that will focus on women who advocated for social change and equal representation in the city of Portland. Tour begins on the Portland State University Campus near Hoffman Hall and the Walk of the Heroines, from 2-4 p.m. Free. Space is limited. Please pre-register by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.”