Portland on the Cheap will be taking a hiatus (ie Spring Break) over the next ten days and will be back with a new post on Monday, March 28th. In the meantime, here are just a few of the noteworthy events and activities to partake in for this weekend:
– * NEW addition* Urban League 2011 Wellness Tour Kick-Off event this Friday at Pioneer Courthouse Square, 10:00am – 5:00pm. The event offers guest speakers and free screening services (for adults 18+) for cholesterol levels, blood pressure, glucose, bone density, body mass index and waist circumference.
– Laurelwood Public House and Brewery 10th anniversary celebration this Friday from 5:00pm – 11:00pm featuring live music, $2.50 pints, two new beer releases and more.
– The Portland Farmers Market reopens this Saturday in the South Blocks at Portland State University opening at 8:30pm and closing at 2:00pm.
– PaganFaire XXI “Magickal Warriors–Earth Healers,” celebrating SisterSpirit’s 25th Anniversary this Saturday at Reed College’s Commons Dining Hall, Gray Campus Center. Event runs from 10:00am – 5:00pm and admission is $7 per person (or go to the web site for a $5 admission coupon).
– Lan Su Chinese Garden Annual Spring Plant Sale this Saturday, open to the general public from 10:00am – 4:00pm. Admission to the plant sale is free and with each plant purchase, visitors will receive 2-for-1 admission to Lan Su.
– McMinnville Third Saturday Art & Wine Walk, 4:00pm – 8:00pm. The March walk features a free drawing where one winner will receive a $50 gift certificate.
– Opening reception for IN(ter)DEPENDENCE exhibition at the Settlement inside Pioneer Place Mall in downtown on the third floor, 5:00pm – 9:00pm. Featured artists are Barry Mack and Fred Swan.
– Public workshop “Stretching Your Retirement Dollars,” at Gregory Heights Library this Sunday from 1:30pm – 2:30pm, free.
– West African Storytelling with Baba Wagué Diakité this Sunday at the Multnomah County Central Library, 2:00pm – 3:00pm, free.