Article of the Week:
– “Slay new checking account fees,” from CNNMoney.com.
Monday, March 28th:
– Smallpressapalooza, a four-hour marathon reading features some of the best small-press authors from around the area, 6:00pm – 9:30pm at Powell’s City of Books.
– Last Monday History Pub at McMenamins Kennedy School, 7:00pm and free for all ages. Tonight’s presentation is “”Power vs. Fish on the Columbia: Building a Hydropower System and the Death of Celilo Falls.”
– Artists Repertory Theatre Play Lab presents a staged reading of “Good Citizen,” 7:30pm at Artists Repertory Theatre. $8 suggested donation.
Tuesday, March 29th:
– Incredible John’s Pizza Company Grand Opening celebration, 3:00pm – 9:00pm with ribbon cutting ceremony, balloon animals, giveaways, and a special offer for guests ages 3 – 12: $10 gets a child’s all-you-can-eat buffet, unlimited fountain beverage, and a $10 FunCard with this coupon. Check out the clip from KGW News here.
– Cedar Mill Community Library program “A Will Is Not Enough,” 6:30pm – 8:00pm, free. Presented by estate planning attorney Richard Schneider.
Wednesday, March 30th:
– Budgeting and Saving workshop at Albina library, 6:30pm – 7:30pm as part of Multnomah County Library’s ‘Smart Saving’ series, free.
– Book reading of “Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything,” 7:30pm at Powell’s City of Books, free.