Article of the Week:
– “11 Ways to Save Money on Golf,” by Tom Barlow from Forbes.com.
Current submissions updated!! Click here to see some great offers for a wedding photography package, a used goods swap meet, puppy training, senior housing options, a burlesque show and many more upcoming events.
Monday, April 11th:
– The Volunteers of Portland Center for the Performing Arts presents “PCPA Noontime Showcase: Gerardo Calderon,” beginning at 12:00pm in the rotunda lobby. From web site: “Gerardo CalderÃ³n is an accomplished musician who performs traditional folk music of Mexico and South America. He plays a variety of Latin American string instruments as well as turtle shells, zampoÃ±as (pan flutes), and water drums. His music ranges from haunting and ethereal to high-spirited. This performance will energize you and stay with you.”
Tuesday, April 12th:
– Oregon Zoo Second Tuesday: visit the zoo for the discounted price of $4 per person! Ride the MAX, show proof of fare and receive an additional $1.50 off per rider.
– Ben and Jerry’s Free Cone Day during regular store hours at five Portland area locations—now’s the time to try out that new flavor you’ve always wanted!
– Spoken Word Hearing Voices Storytelling Festival with storyteller Kelly Hoffman, 7:00pm at Hillsboro’s Walters Cultural Arts Center, free.
Wednesday, April 13th:
– Helium Comedy Club’s monthly free Trivia & Comedy Night beginning at 8:00pm with ShanRock’s Trivia. There is a two-menu item minimum (food or drink); space is limited – call 888-643-8669 to make your reservation.
Thursday, April 14th:
– “Srsly Big Deal: Living and Breathing Comics in PDX,” a free lecture to learn about the cultural and economic significance of comics, 4:00pm – 5:45pm at the Multnomah County Central library.
– Nobel Peace Laureate Jody Williams will speak at Concordia University’s Hagen Center tonight at 7:00pm, free.