Article of the Week:
– “New Online Tools Help Manage Credit, Debt and Expenses — for Free,” by Katherine New from AOL.com.
Monday, May 16th:
– Fred Meyer launches their own daily deals with these half-price coupons, one for every day until Thursday.
– We’ve recently updated our topics on Attractions & Activities “Annual Passes” and “Bowling Specials;” check out specials this Monday like Cosmic Bowling, “Bowl Your Brains Out,” Dollar Night, Quartermania and other great deals at area bowling facilities.
Tuesday, May 17th:
– Free library event “Food, Farming and Film” beginning at 6:15pm at the Hillsdale Library. From web site: “Join us as Food Front Cooperative Grocery Store and Hillsdale Library feature the film “Good Food,” a documentary that celebrates the re-emergence of a regional and sustainable food system. After an era of mass industrial agriculture, small family farms and orchards are again providing food that is beneficial to both human and environmental health. Snacks and refreshments provided by Food Front.”
– Hillsboro’s Glenn & Viola Walters Cultural Arts Center presents their free monthly Spoken Word series “Liberty & Union: Presidential Campaign Songs of the 1860 & 1864 Elections.” 7:00pm, all ages. From web site: “Music was a main component of the campaigns for Presidential candidates in the 1860s. “Illinois” Doug Tracy guides the audience through a musical tour of these songs and campaigns. Looking back at these songs gives us an insight to the candidates’ positions and how divided Americans were at the time of the Civil War and the election of Abraham Lincoln. Discover how music helped to shape what were, probably, the most crucial Presidential elections our nation has ever held.”
Wednesday, May 18th:
– The Old Church free sack lunch concert, starting at 12:00pm features the Heartstrings Duo.
– Check out some low-cost/high-laughs comedy at Weekly Recurring Humor Night!, 9:00pm at Tonic Lounge, 3100 NE Sandy Blvd. Pay what you wish.
Thursday, May 19th:
– City of Portland Ten Toe express walk – Ainsworth and NE Parks loop, starts at 6:00pm, free.
– Powell’s City of Books on Burnside free reading begins at 7:30pm and features the book “Crazy Like Us” by Ethan Watters.
– Pay-What-You-Can Thursday at CoHo Theater with their new production “Reasons to Be Pretty,” 8:00pm.