Article of the Week:
– “10 Insider Grocery Savings Secrets,” from Yahoo Financially Fit.
Monday, May 23rd:
– OMSI Science Pub presents “Sex, Relationships, and Technology,” featuring L. Kris Gowen, PhD. Starts at 7:00pm at the Venetian Theater in downtown Hillsboro. Science Pub is open to ages 21+, or minor with adult; $3 suggested cover charge, no RSVP or tickets required.
Tuesday, May 24th:
– Regal Cinemas has expanded their Tuesday “Value Days” to include three more theaters: Evergreen, Movies on TV and Sherwood Stadium. Tickets are just $5 for all shows all day (* you’ll still have to pay the 3-D up-charge, however). See web site for additional theaters, including those in Vancouver, WA.
– Free book events includes Robin Black reading from “If I Loved You, I Would Tell You,” at Annie Bloom’s Books (7:00pm); Steve Earle’s “I’ll Never Get out of This World Alive,” at Powell’s Books on Cedar Hills Crossing (7:00pm); and John Sayles new novel “A Moment in the Sun” at Powell’s City of Books (7:00pm).
Wednesday, May 25th:
– Helium Comedy Club Trivia and Comedy Night, 8:00pm start time, call to reserve your free tickets. A two-item minimum purchase (food or drink) is required.
– The Beaverton Human Rights Advisory Commission and The Center for Intercultural Organizing presents “Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Well-Being,” a two-act performance by the Jewish Theatre Collaborative. This free performance begins at 5:30pm at the Beaverton City Library Auditorium.
Thursday, May 26th:
– “Voices of Portland” free lecture, presented by the Dill Pickle Club, 7:00pm start time at Project Grow (2156 North Williams).
– Last Thursday on Alberta Street, 6:00pm until the crowds dwindle, most events take place between NE 15th & NE 33rd Avenues.
– PDX Peace Prize Event, organized by the Jefferson High School Senior Inquiry class, takes place in the Pearl’s EcoTrust Building beginning at 6:00pm, free.