Article of the Week:
– “11 New Tools For Your Money,” by Blake Ellis of Yahoo Financial Fit.
BONUS: Memorial Day sales and discount offers from Dealspl.com.
Monday, May 30th:
– The Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs has compiled a list of statewide events and services to commemorate Memorial Day. In Portland, the two big events are the Danner Memorial Day March at the Rose Festival City Fair and the ceremony at Willamette National Cemetery.
– Love Unlimited Film Festival and Art Exhibition, Monday – Wednesday at The Variant (4810 NE Garfield Avenue), free admission to 14 independent short films, please see web site for times.
Tuesday, May 31st:
– MusicFestNW 2011 Lineup Announcement Party, free show, doors open at 7:00pm at the Star Theater (13 NW 6th Avenue).
Thursday, June 2nd:
– Pabst Blue Ribbon presents “Salute to the 70’s,” a free showcase of music at Mississippi Studios.
– Nature After Hours: “Attracting Native Pollinators,” 6:00pm start time. From web site: “Enjoy beer, wine and refreshments as you learn about pollinators of the Pacific Northwest. This fun-filled evening will feature a presentation from the Xerces Society and time for snacking and socializing. Meet at Tryon Creek State Natural Area. Free.”
– Portland First Thursday monthly art gallery receptions and openings in downtown Portland, Old Town / Chinatown, Northwest and the Pearl, generally from 6:00pm – 8:30pm. Click here for a printable walking map.