Weekend on the Cheap:
Here are some other great events to consider!
– Today, Friday the 16th, Papa John’s Pizza is running a free 3-topping pizza promotion. Use the promo code: FREE3T online at papajohns.com to get a free large 3 topping pizza!! Online only and it is a one time use promo code. Valid at the stores listed under the Facebook info tab. Some comments suggest that you can order it today to be picked up tomorrow and you can still have the pizza free.
– Fabrication Fest tonight, Saturday and Sunday featuring an open house with free demos, presentations, workshops, a Sunday BBQ and more.
– If you feel like a little volunteer work for this weekend, then join thousands of others at the annual SOLV Beach and Riverside Cleanup, happening all over Oregon this Saturday.
– The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is this Sunday morning; come by to the Oregon Convention Center tonight and on Saturday for the 2011 Komen Health Expo. This event is free and open to the public and includes “vendors, sampling natural and organic foods, learning about the benefits of a “green” and healthy life style, connecting with new products and companies, shopping and hearing live music performances and fitness demonstrations.”
– This Saturday is the 2011 Asian & Pacific Islander Community Improvement Association Multi-Cultural Home Buying Fair (say that three times fast!)…10:00am – 3:00pm at Portland Community College SE campus. Free admission for all, door prizes, down payment assistance and more.
– After checking out the home fair, head on down to the grand opening of the Taoist Tai Chi Society of the USA Oregon Branch, 11:00am – 2:00pm. The public is invited to a free Jai (Vegetarian) luncheon, demonstrations, lion dance, entertainment, and special guests (thanks KBOO).
– Don’t forget that Burgerville’s 50th Anniversary celebration is still going strong with throwback menu prices every Saturday at select locations through the end of October. Tomorrow’s location is just a mile from us at NW 185th and Walker Road in Beaverton, as well as Carmen Drive in Lake Oswego (just off I-5).
– From Amy: “I am giving away 2 tickets on my blog to the Hood River Hops Fest.”
Okay, that’s all for now, have a great weekend everyone!