Article of the Week:
– “8 Phone Calls That Will Save You Money,” by Jeanine Skowronski, from Yahoo Financially Fit.
Monday, September 26th:
– 8th Annual Jackpot Records Music & Film Festival, all week Monday-Friday beginning at 8:00pm; all shows are free for all ages and play at McMenamins Bagdad Theater.
– History Pub Monday at McMenamins Kennedy School “A Woman Alone”: Mona Bell Hill and the Mansion on Bonneville Rock, starting at 7:00pm. Free, all ages welcome. Please bring a canned good to donate to the OR Food Bank.
Tuesday, September 27th:
– Job Fair at the Streets of Tanasbourne. From web site: “The Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce and WorkSource Oregon will host a job fair Sept. 27, 4:00pm – 7:00 PM at The Streets of Tanasbourne. More than a hundred full and part-time retail jobs are available. Participating employers include REI, The Gap, Hollister, Banana Republic and others. They’ll conduct interviews on the spot, so bring a resume.”
– Community Cinema Gala. From web site: “Join us on Tuesday September 27th at 5:30 pm for a reception and 6:00 film, followed by a panel discussion to kick off the new season of Community Cinema. The first film is ‘Pray the Devil Back to Hell‘ from the Women, War and Peace series.”
Wednesday, September 28th:
– Veterans Benefits and Job Fair at Willow Creek Center from 10:00am – 2:00pm. From web site: “The Veterans Administration and many other governmental, community-based agencies, and employers will be attending and providing a host of services and information which will include health screenings, job opportunities and the chance to register with the VA for medical care and other benefits.”
Thursday, September 29th:
– Today is National Coffee Day and you can get free coffee at 7-Eleven and Krispy Kreme.
Stop by 7-Eleven between 7:00am – 11:00am to receive a free medium-size cup of hot coffee, cappuccino or latte, while supplies last.
Krispy Kreme will celebrate National Coffee Day and its new Krispy Kreme Signature Coffee Blends by giving a free 12oz cup of House Blend Coffee to its guests in the U.S. and Canada. No purchase necessary.
– Last Thursday on Alberta, vendors and performers begin assembling around 5:30pm and the action is in full swing by 6:30pm.