Weekend on the Cheap:
– 60th Annual Greek Festival this Friday, Saturday and Sunday with tours, folk dances, cooking demos, children’s activities and of course—the food!
– Oregon Days of Culture, October 1st – 8th, with plenty of free events located all around the metro area, please see web site for complete schedule and details.
– Bank of Americaâ€™s Museums on Us program offers free admission to the Portland Art Museum, Pittock Mansion and the Lan Su Chinese Garden this Saturday and Sunday. To qualify for Museums on Us, customers must present their Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit or debit card along with a photo ID to gain free general admission.
– 2011 Health & Wellness Resource Fair this Saturday from 9:00am – 1:00pm at Elsie Stuhr Center in Beaverton. From web site: “On tap for this year’s event: a flu shot clinic, vendor’s fair, informational lectures, health screenings, raffle drawing and refreshments. All free for the public to attend.”
– Burgerville’s 50th birthday party tour continues this Saturday at the 162nd & Division and Vancouver’s Fisher’s Landing locations with special throwback menu pricing.
– Fall Native Plant Sale this Saturday from 10:00am – 2:00pm at Beaverton’s Tualatin Hills Nature Park.
– This Sunday is the first Sunday of the month, which means that general admission into OMSI is just $2 per person!
– For more listings of happenings this first weekend of October, please check out Aroundthesunblog and PDXPipeline.
– Planning to camp this upcoming July 4th, 2012? Then better get in your reservation now through Reserve America, the window is this weekend for booking your 4th of July camping reservations at Oregon State parks!
– Three or four times a year Restaurant.com discounts their gift certificates at a cool 90% off; here is your chance to take advantage of this promotion by using the code “wow” at checkout, expires at the 11:59pm this evening.
– Here are a few limited quantity / limited time discounts that we like: The MAiZE 2 for 1 entry at Sauvie Island’s Pumpkin Patch (not valid for the Haunted Maize); a $40 gift certificate at Next Adventure for just $20; a downtown Portland Wine and Cheese Tour with tastings for $49 per person, from TravelZoo; and Spirit Airlines $9.99 one-way introductory fares to fly from Portland to Las Vegas over select dates in October and November (*all fares must be booked by 11:59PM ET on September 30, 2011 and be sure to read through all the fine print!).
– Reminder: share your story about budgeting with Oregon Public Broadcasting with this survey.
Description from web site: â€œWhat interesting or bizarre things are you doing to save money?â€ Since the 2008 economic crisis, weâ€™ve heard many stories about people budgeting to live within their means. Many of us are clipping coupons, shopping sales, and cutting back on the number of times we eat out each month to save money in these tough times. We want to hear from people who are taking frugality to a new level. What creative or unusual means are you going to to save a dime? Feel free to upload any photos that illustrate your interesting money saving tactics, and weâ€™ll post it to our website.”